Rash on dog's chin.

Breed: GREAT DANE
I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH UNDER HER CHIN, RED & BLEEDS AT TIMES. THE RASH IS ONLY ON THE TIP OF HER CHIN THEN EXTENDS ABOUT 1 INCH. COULD THIS BE A ALLERGY TO SOMETHING OR JUST ADOLESENCE ACNE? I HAVE TAKEN HER TO MY PERSONAL VET WHO FEELS IT IS ACNE. ANY THOUGHTS? THANKS FOR YOU HELP,

Interesting question. There are a number of things that can cause a rash like this.

We do see some animals who can get acne. If your vet has given you any medicine or treatments for acne, then I would advise to try this for a while and see how things go.

If you are not seeing an improvement then I would ask your vet about the possibility of a bacterial skin infection, in which case she would need antibiotics.

While an allergy is possible this is not a normal place to see an allergy.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of ringworm, but again, this is not a normal spot to see ringworm.

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (54026 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (75217 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (13980 views)

calamine lotion on dogs Doeden has a itchy rash, raised pale bumps, on the back of his neck; I put on some... (101211 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (13954 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (7132 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (10432 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (9190 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (9475 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (22886 views)