Rash on dog's chin.

Breed: GREAT DANE
I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH UNDER HER CHIN, RED & BLEEDS AT TIMES. THE RASH IS ONLY ON THE TIP OF HER CHIN THEN EXTENDS ABOUT 1 INCH. COULD THIS BE A ALLERGY TO SOMETHING OR JUST ADOLESENCE ACNE? I HAVE TAKEN HER TO MY PERSONAL VET WHO FEELS IT IS ACNE. ANY THOUGHTS? THANKS FOR YOU HELP,

Interesting question. There are a number of things that can cause a rash like this.

We do see some animals who can get acne. If your vet has given you any medicine or treatments for acne, then I would advise to try this for a while and see how things go.

If you are not seeing an improvement then I would ask your vet about the possibility of a bacterial skin infection, in which case she would need antibiotics.

While an allergy is possible this is not a normal place to see an allergy.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of ringworm, but again, this is not a normal spot to see ringworm.

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (15874 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (7308 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (28100 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (5847 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (20304 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (14473 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (9966 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8820 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (32339 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (33170 views)