Rash on dog's chin.

Breed: GREAT DANE
I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH UNDER HER CHIN, RED & BLEEDS AT TIMES. THE RASH IS ONLY ON THE TIP OF HER CHIN THEN EXTENDS ABOUT 1 INCH. COULD THIS BE A ALLERGY TO SOMETHING OR JUST ADOLESENCE ACNE? I HAVE TAKEN HER TO MY PERSONAL VET WHO FEELS IT IS ACNE. ANY THOUGHTS? THANKS FOR YOU HELP,

Interesting question. There are a number of things that can cause a rash like this.

We do see some animals who can get acne. If your vet has given you any medicine or treatments for acne, then I would advise to try this for a while and see how things go.

If you are not seeing an improvement then I would ask your vet about the possibility of a bacterial skin infection, in which case she would need antibiotics.

While an allergy is possible this is not a normal place to see an allergy.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of ringworm, but again, this is not a normal spot to see ringworm.

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (16149 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (5755 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (16753 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (9790 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (11640 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (5678 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (8453 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (10299 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (14241 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (23900 views)