Rash on dog's chin.

Breed: GREAT DANE
I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH UNDER HER CHIN, RED & BLEEDS AT TIMES. THE RASH IS ONLY ON THE TIP OF HER CHIN THEN EXTENDS ABOUT 1 INCH. COULD THIS BE A ALLERGY TO SOMETHING OR JUST ADOLESENCE ACNE? I HAVE TAKEN HER TO MY PERSONAL VET WHO FEELS IT IS ACNE. ANY THOUGHTS? THANKS FOR YOU HELP,

Interesting question. There are a number of things that can cause a rash like this.

We do see some animals who can get acne. If your vet has given you any medicine or treatments for acne, then I would advise to try this for a while and see how things go.

If you are not seeing an improvement then I would ask your vet about the possibility of a bacterial skin infection, in which case she would need antibiotics.

While an allergy is possible this is not a normal place to see an allergy.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of ringworm, but again, this is not a normal spot to see ringworm.

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (32069 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (69482 views)

Lethargic dog. The last 3 days, Duke has become very lethargic, laying around and just sleeping. ... (30594 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (33561 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (9073 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (7797 views)

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (8440 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (58758 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (10522 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7193 views)