Rash on dog's chin.

Breed: GREAT DANE
I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH UNDER HER CHIN, RED & BLEEDS AT TIMES. THE RASH IS ONLY ON THE TIP OF HER CHIN THEN EXTENDS ABOUT 1 INCH. COULD THIS BE A ALLERGY TO SOMETHING OR JUST ADOLESENCE ACNE? I HAVE TAKEN HER TO MY PERSONAL VET WHO FEELS IT IS ACNE. ANY THOUGHTS? THANKS FOR YOU HELP,

Interesting question. There are a number of things that can cause a rash like this.

We do see some animals who can get acne. If your vet has given you any medicine or treatments for acne, then I would advise to try this for a while and see how things go.

If you are not seeing an improvement then I would ask your vet about the possibility of a bacterial skin infection, in which case she would need antibiotics.

While an allergy is possible this is not a normal place to see an allergy.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of ringworm, but again, this is not a normal spot to see ringworm.

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (7277 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5550 views)

Cat has a watery eye. Hi, I have spoken with you before about my cat Yoko. She suffers from swollen gums... (11585 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (17162 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8126 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16096 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6600 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5143 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (50396 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (15120 views)