Orange urine in a dog.

Breed: Chihuahua/rat terrie
I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He weighs just over 5 pounds. I have a tendency to acquire older dogs. The entire time I have had him, he has had dark orange urine. The vet has given him a clean bill of health when we have gone. I came home from work this afternoon to find out his abdomen is very tender and appears to be enlarged in the liver area. He is very cranky and runs a low-grade fever. As a human medical professional, I have suspected kidney problems for a while, but now I wonder if this is more symptoms of liver failure. Can you please advise me on how to proceed?

This definitely sounds serious. It sounds like Moe needs to have some blood tests done to determine what the issue may be. Dark orange urine can definitely mean that there is an increase of bilirubin (bile pigment) in his system.

Liver disease can be tough to pinpoint in dogs. The first place to start is to have bloodwork done and the vet may have to do an ultrasound as well.

I really hope everything is ok.

Will neutering help my dog? my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog... (11282 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (8415 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (23972 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (76139 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (21844 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (9433 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (10629 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (6130 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (24322 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (32078 views)