Kitten not pooping.

Breed: longhair?
Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4 weeks old now. He is starting to walk and walk fast. When I stimulate him to go to the bathroom, he will go pee but no poo. So I'm wondering if maybe he wanders off and goes poo on his own possibly? I've had him for about a week now, and he seems really healthy to me. But I'm wondering if maybe that could be the answer. I hope to hear back from you. Thanks.

Emily

Hi Emily...this is an unusual situation. By 4 weeks a cat should definitely be able to defecate on his own. If he has gone a week and hasn't had any bowel movement then you should have your vet take a look.

There is a condition where cats can be born with no anus and the stool simply backs up. However, it would be unlikely that he could survive for 4 weeks without having a single bowel movement.

It would be a good idea to have a thorough search throughout the house to see if he is defecating elsewhere. If not, I think a vet visit is a good idea!

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (23007 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (27869 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (13745 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (19162 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (48770 views)

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (11745 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (9799 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (25695 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (36229 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (5958 views)