Yellow vaginal discharge.

Breed: burmese
my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge
what does this mean?
is it a sign of pregnecy?

A yellow vaginal discharge is never normal for a cat. I usually do get concerned about a uterine infection called pyometra when I see this. But, this is not common in a young cat.

Pyometra is very serious and requires surgery.

It could also be a vaginal infection.

In any case, she should definitely be seen by a vet!

Cat not getting over URTI. Hi, My cat has suffered from flu from approx 8 mths old but these days never seems... (7078 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (177280 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (9318 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (5405 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11478 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (55097 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7969 views)

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (14707 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (76557 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (8176 views)