Mark on dog's nose.

Breed: Toy Fox Terrier
Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy breed. Overall he is healthy and has only experienced one setback with a loose tooth (which was handled in 2012). Following the tooth issue he has resumed normal activity. As of 11/29/13 I observed a mark on top of his nose. The area is very rough and dry to the touch. It is raised from the rest of the skin by a very small amount (maybe a mm or so) and is a reddish brown color. I've witnessed similar issues on our other dog and hers went away, I never did know what it was because it wasn't there long enough for her vet to see it. Maybe you could help me! What does this look like to you?

https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s720x720/1461619_10201297437782227_1707405810_n.jpg

Thanks in advance for your assistance. ^_^

Thank you for this excellent photo:

spot above dog's nose

While I can't tell you exactly what this is without examining Koko, I can tell you that it doesn't look like something to be worried about. It looks like a little bit of extra pigmentation. I've seen this in dogs who like to root about in the dirt or other places with their noses. In these cases it's probably just irritation from rubbing it.

I would likely ignore this for now. If it starts to get really bothersome, red or irritated then it would be worthwhile to have a vet take a look.

There are autoimmune conditions that can start off looking like this such as pemphigus or discoid lupus. However, these conditions are quite rare. I would say that 99% of the time when I have seen a nose that looks like this it is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (105103 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (5211 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11505 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (16301 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (46376 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (18256 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (6948 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (13286 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (10261 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (16251 views)