Ear problems.

Breed: Shuzzitszu
Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes with whimpering My Neighbour had the ear drops from a Vet I cleaned his ears there was dry blood. I have been using the Ear mite & tick control from the pet store. I know he has to be taking to the vet. I’m not sure if you’re in the U.S or Canada but it’s probably the same price. Just to see him almost 500$ for one visit I do not have the money. My question is, Is there anyway or anywhere I can get help or get him in to the vet or any home remedies?

Sorry to hear that Charlie is having these issues!

$500 for a vet visit does not seem right. You may want to look for another vet. In my practice you would be paying about $60 for the visit. I would likely do some tests on the ears which may cost about $30-$50 and then the medication would be about $30-$50.

If Charlie is not improving with ear mite medication it is possible that what we are dealing with is a bacterial or a yeast infection. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is effective for these conditions.

A vet visit is definitely necessary. When you see your vet, let them know right away that you are on a tight budget. Most vets will be willing to work with your budget.

I hope he does ok!

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (6935 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (18077 views)

Flea problems. I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control... (13203 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (12949 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (36852 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (9279 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (10766 views)

Toxoplasmosis questions. 1) My cat is an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk for getting the parasite that... (15011 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (13216 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (17504 views)