Ear problems.

Breed: Shuzzitszu
Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes with whimpering My Neighbour had the ear drops from a Vet I cleaned his ears there was dry blood. I have been using the Ear mite & tick control from the pet store. I know he has to be taking to the vet. I’m not sure if you’re in the U.S or Canada but it’s probably the same price. Just to see him almost 500$ for one visit I do not have the money. My question is, Is there anyway or anywhere I can get help or get him in to the vet or any home remedies?

Sorry to hear that Charlie is having these issues!

$500 for a vet visit does not seem right. You may want to look for another vet. In my practice you would be paying about $60 for the visit. I would likely do some tests on the ears which may cost about $30-$50 and then the medication would be about $30-$50.

If Charlie is not improving with ear mite medication it is possible that what we are dealing with is a bacterial or a yeast infection. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is effective for these conditions.

A vet visit is definitely necessary. When you see your vet, let them know right away that you are on a tight budget. Most vets will be willing to work with your budget.

I hope he does ok!

Nosebleed, won't eat. We have an 11 yr old black lab. About 2 mos. ago we noticed blood dripping from her... (17519 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (5453 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (12695 views)

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (8347 views)

Liver disease and diarrhea? Hi Dr. Marie My 11 y.o. Boston Andi (about 14 pounds) has been a healthy girl all... (5866 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (36132 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (13001 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (14413 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (10657 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (13447 views)