Ear problems.

Breed: Shuzzitszu
Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes with whimpering My Neighbour had the ear drops from a Vet I cleaned his ears there was dry blood. I have been using the Ear mite & tick control from the pet store. I know he has to be taking to the vet. I’m not sure if you’re in the U.S or Canada but it’s probably the same price. Just to see him almost 500$ for one visit I do not have the money. My question is, Is there anyway or anywhere I can get help or get him in to the vet or any home remedies?

Sorry to hear that Charlie is having these issues!

$500 for a vet visit does not seem right. You may want to look for another vet. In my practice you would be paying about $60 for the visit. I would likely do some tests on the ears which may cost about $30-$50 and then the medication would be about $30-$50.

If Charlie is not improving with ear mite medication it is possible that what we are dealing with is a bacterial or a yeast infection. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is effective for these conditions.

A vet visit is definitely necessary. When you see your vet, let them know right away that you are on a tight budget. Most vets will be willing to work with your budget.

I hope he does ok!

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (37755 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (39839 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7292 views)

6 month puppy drinks a lot. I got Bentley at 3 months old. Since the beginning I always felt as if he was... (28662 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (9896 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5558 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (4921 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (8510 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (13585 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10119 views)