Diarrhea and not eating.

Breed: saluki
My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped eating. now she does not eat or drink. I have been giving her water in a dropper. Went to the vet sunday she had blood tests for parasites, a wellness profile, x-rays and fecal test. They hydrated her and sent us home. All tests were negative. Went back to the vet on monday her regular vet. He check her mouth throat stomach looked at all the test and gave her a shot for the diarrhea and metronidazole tables twice a day. She has interest in food but will not take it and will not drink. Im am panicking now. I am going to call my vet again when they open but I feel so helpless.

I'm sorry to hear that Portia is unwell. It really does sound like she is quite sick. I have had cases like this where every test comes up negative but the dog is still obviously sick. Sometimes the cause of diarrhea can be hard to detect.

At this point, the vet will likely want to consider some in hospital treatment such as intravenous fluids over a period of a couple of days.

This could be something like a bacterial infection or gastroenteritis because of something she ate.

However, I get concerned when an older dog is this sick and doesn't want to eat or drink. It can mean that there is some type of serious underlying condition. While most underlying conditions can be detected with the tests that she had done, some types of conditions such as intestinal cancers may not.

I wish I could offer you some advice on things that you can do but by far the best advice I can give is to have your vet see her again.

I hope things work out ok!

We did go back to her vet and did an MRI. It showed nodes. We are going today to an oncologist for advice and more tests. Thanks. She did eat some today and drank a half a bowl of water this morning

Oh, I am sorry to hear that her lymph nodes are increased. Sometimes this can be because of some widespread infection. However, cancer has to be a concern as well. :(

No they have not worked out she is dying

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (31372 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5571 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (31260 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (18988 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (9293 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (11373 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (8277 views)

Dog had a seizure. My dog had a seizure this morning. She is a 3 ½ year old spayed Whippet/Jack... (13610 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8959 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (23202 views)