Dog is balding.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes started goin bald on his sides by the ribs all his ears have aswel n now startin to go on his back legs by his thighs any1 know wot it mite be he doesnt scratch or its not irrating him hes never had anything like this before hes neurtred

If your dog is not itchy I can think of two possibilities that you can talk to your vet about.

One is a skin mite called demodex.

The second is something called seasonal flank alopecia.

It will be quite easy for your vet to determine if there is demodex by doing a simple test called a skin scraping.

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (118014 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (17876 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (18461 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (12616 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10891 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (5200 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (14932 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (20290 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (16152 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (22116 views)