Dog is balding.

Breed: staffordshire bull t
can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes started goin bald on his sides by the ribs all his ears have aswel n now startin to go on his back legs by his thighs any1 know wot it mite be he doesnt scratch or its not irrating him hes never had anything like this before hes neurtred

If your dog is not itchy I can think of two possibilities that you can talk to your vet about.

One is a skin mite called demodex.

The second is something called seasonal flank alopecia.

It will be quite easy for your vet to determine if there is demodex by doing a simple test called a skin scraping.

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (12728 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (28367 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (23517 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (19251 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (9335 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (10781 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (18279 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (12815 views)

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (13691 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (44336 views)