Old dog vomiting.

Breed: jack russel x fox te
My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she has lost alot of weight since. I was just wondering what i could feed her that might help her to not throw it back up. And she does not eat the food fast because i already tried feeding it to her in small amounts.

Sorry to hear that Squaw is having problems. Whenever I see an older dog who has issues with vomiting I get concerned that there may be an underlying medical problem. Older dogs can be prone to kidney or liver problems or a variety of other things that can cause vomiting and weight loss.

Ideally it would be best to have your vet do some bloodwork to determine what the problem is.

There is not likely to be a food that will keep her from vomiting, especially if there is an underlying problem. However, your vet may be willing to sell you some food that is intended for animals with sensitive digestive tracts such as Gastro diet or a similar one.

Hopefully you can have a check up done. I hope everything is ok!

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (14174 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (23575 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (36032 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (31902 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13470 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (14100 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (10931 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (12601 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (10036 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (36226 views)