Old dog vomiting.

Breed: jack russel x fox te
My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she has lost alot of weight since. I was just wondering what i could feed her that might help her to not throw it back up. And she does not eat the food fast because i already tried feeding it to her in small amounts.

Sorry to hear that Squaw is having problems. Whenever I see an older dog who has issues with vomiting I get concerned that there may be an underlying medical problem. Older dogs can be prone to kidney or liver problems or a variety of other things that can cause vomiting and weight loss.

Ideally it would be best to have your vet do some bloodwork to determine what the problem is.

There is not likely to be a food that will keep her from vomiting, especially if there is an underlying problem. However, your vet may be willing to sell you some food that is intended for animals with sensitive digestive tracts such as Gastro diet or a similar one.

Hopefully you can have a check up done. I hope everything is ok!

Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy. My beautiful little girl had a lump near one of her lower nipples last week. After... (7240 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (9918 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (12209 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (7970 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (23355 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (5964 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7796 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (11697 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (11102 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (54062 views)