Old dog vomiting.

Breed: jack russel x fox te
My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she has lost alot of weight since. I was just wondering what i could feed her that might help her to not throw it back up. And she does not eat the food fast because i already tried feeding it to her in small amounts.

Sorry to hear that Squaw is having problems. Whenever I see an older dog who has issues with vomiting I get concerned that there may be an underlying medical problem. Older dogs can be prone to kidney or liver problems or a variety of other things that can cause vomiting and weight loss.

Ideally it would be best to have your vet do some bloodwork to determine what the problem is.

There is not likely to be a food that will keep her from vomiting, especially if there is an underlying problem. However, your vet may be willing to sell you some food that is intended for animals with sensitive digestive tracts such as Gastro diet or a similar one.

Hopefully you can have a check up done. I hope everything is ok!

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (16382 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (15682 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (20154 views)

Worms in stool. My dogs stool has a lot of worms in it. My Mom's friends takes care of a lot of... (18800 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (9073 views)

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (11128 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (8755 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (34734 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (25286 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (25329 views)