Old dog vomiting.

Breed: jack russel x fox te
My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she has lost alot of weight since. I was just wondering what i could feed her that might help her to not throw it back up. And she does not eat the food fast because i already tried feeding it to her in small amounts.

Sorry to hear that Squaw is having problems. Whenever I see an older dog who has issues with vomiting I get concerned that there may be an underlying medical problem. Older dogs can be prone to kidney or liver problems or a variety of other things that can cause vomiting and weight loss.

Ideally it would be best to have your vet do some bloodwork to determine what the problem is.

There is not likely to be a food that will keep her from vomiting, especially if there is an underlying problem. However, your vet may be willing to sell you some food that is intended for animals with sensitive digestive tracts such as Gastro diet or a similar one.

Hopefully you can have a check up done. I hope everything is ok!

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (33662 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (101655 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (28642 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (14601 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (13679 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (14046 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (9558 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (29562 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (8571 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (44765 views)