Old dog vomiting.

Breed: jack russel x fox te
My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she has lost alot of weight since. I was just wondering what i could feed her that might help her to not throw it back up. And she does not eat the food fast because i already tried feeding it to her in small amounts.

Sorry to hear that Squaw is having problems. Whenever I see an older dog who has issues with vomiting I get concerned that there may be an underlying medical problem. Older dogs can be prone to kidney or liver problems or a variety of other things that can cause vomiting and weight loss.

Ideally it would be best to have your vet do some bloodwork to determine what the problem is.

There is not likely to be a food that will keep her from vomiting, especially if there is an underlying problem. However, your vet may be willing to sell you some food that is intended for animals with sensitive digestive tracts such as Gastro diet or a similar one.

Hopefully you can have a check up done. I hope everything is ok!

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (9703 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (14188 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (12294 views)

How often to bathe a dog? I have a black lab that just turned 4. She has relatively short hair, how often... (7899 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (17157 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (43469 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (11938 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (10137 views)

Itchy bumps on back. I took my dog to get groomed about 6 weeks ago and I noticed that she got a few... (11535 views)

Sore hips in 1 year old cat. I have a 1 year old cat and she has had "stiff back legs" since we got her at 8... (13281 views)