Anal gland problems.

Breed: Cane Corso
Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's anal glands. She does not express them on her own and when myself or my boss (the vet) expresses them it is very difficult to express and causes her discomfort. Her stools are firm and she goes often. My boss was thinking if she could possible have under developed anal gland ducts causing the difficulty with expressing them and wanted to know what would be done about this if you have ever heard of it. I would GREATLY appreciate any information you have in the matter.

I've never heard of a dog having under developed anal gland ducts. I have had some dogs where I believe that the ducts can get scarred from having chronic anal gland problems though, so perhaps this is the case.

If it is really difficult to express Beretta's glands you may want to talk to your vet about having the glands removed.

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (9789 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (14986 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (162173 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (10983 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (21414 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (12622 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (113534 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (8601 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (10780 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (7956 views)