Anal gland problems.

Breed: Cane Corso
Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's anal glands. She does not express them on her own and when myself or my boss (the vet) expresses them it is very difficult to express and causes her discomfort. Her stools are firm and she goes often. My boss was thinking if she could possible have under developed anal gland ducts causing the difficulty with expressing them and wanted to know what would be done about this if you have ever heard of it. I would GREATLY appreciate any information you have in the matter.

I've never heard of a dog having under developed anal gland ducts. I have had some dogs where I believe that the ducts can get scarred from having chronic anal gland problems though, so perhaps this is the case.

If it is really difficult to express Beretta's glands you may want to talk to your vet about having the glands removed.

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (7998 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (11816 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (11338 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (7716 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (13614 views)

Short of breath and runny nose. My dog is shor of breath, has a runny nose, and is shaking please help me I do not... (8204 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (6345 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (36251 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (9166 views)

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (11545 views)