Anal gland problems.

Breed: Cane Corso
Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's anal glands. She does not express them on her own and when myself or my boss (the vet) expresses them it is very difficult to express and causes her discomfort. Her stools are firm and she goes often. My boss was thinking if she could possible have under developed anal gland ducts causing the difficulty with expressing them and wanted to know what would be done about this if you have ever heard of it. I would GREATLY appreciate any information you have in the matter.

I've never heard of a dog having under developed anal gland ducts. I have had some dogs where I believe that the ducts can get scarred from having chronic anal gland problems though, so perhaps this is the case.

If it is really difficult to express Beretta's glands you may want to talk to your vet about having the glands removed.

Swollen neck on a cat. my 4 month old male cat, desexed vaccinated and everything one more shot to go tho.... (6256 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (14513 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (13067 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (16725 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5481 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8692 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (19955 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (8844 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (10842 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (9720 views)