Anal gland problems.

Breed: Cane Corso
Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's anal glands. She does not express them on her own and when myself or my boss (the vet) expresses them it is very difficult to express and causes her discomfort. Her stools are firm and she goes often. My boss was thinking if she could possible have under developed anal gland ducts causing the difficulty with expressing them and wanted to know what would be done about this if you have ever heard of it. I would GREATLY appreciate any information you have in the matter.

I've never heard of a dog having under developed anal gland ducts. I have had some dogs where I believe that the ducts can get scarred from having chronic anal gland problems though, so perhaps this is the case.

If it is really difficult to express Beretta's glands you may want to talk to your vet about having the glands removed.

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (42199 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (58108 views)

Wobbly after back surgery. My little dog, pumpkin, had surgery for a 'blown disc' 2-1/2 years. She attempts to... (8085 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (8563 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36631 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (110707 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (6896 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (10976 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (26835 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13651 views)