Lump with open sores.

Breed: Rottweiler
Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds occasionally. The lump is very warm and developed over a months time. I suspect that it might be a hot spot but was wondering if I could send you a picture to help confirm. Thank you for your time.

Hi there...I'll be responding to your question in full later on this evening, but yes, a photo would be very helpful! You can simply reply to the email you received notifying you of this reply and attach a photo. Thanks!

Thanks for sending the photo. I've included it here:

lump on dog's leg

I can't give you an official diagnosis over the internet, but what I see on this photo has me very concerned. This looks like it could be some sort of a cancerous tumor. Unfortunately rottweilers are quite prone to getting cancers.

I have seen some benign tumors that looked like this and then started to ulcerate once they grew too big. But I think that we need to prepare ourselves that this could be something serious.

Another thing that I have seen that could look like this is something called a lick granuloma. This is something that starts off as a wound and then as the dog licks it more and more it can become an ugly mass. But I can't say that I have seen one get quite this big though.

It really would be a good idea to have your vet take a look. They will likely do a fine needle aspirate of the lump which should tell us exactly what the problem is. It's possible that surgery could be done to remove the lump.

I hope everything is ok.

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (15345 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (25636 views)

Bobcat with lump. Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was... (8550 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (34712 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (12908 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5869 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (15598 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (6419 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (19292 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (11070 views)