Blood blisters on a cat

Breed: Moggy
My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and another on her bottom lip. They become quite engorged until they burst, and then bleed profusely. Once the bleeding ceases they fill with blood again. They do not appear to cause the cat any extreme discomfort, but they worry me nonetheless. What could be causing these vesicles and what can be done?

This is an unusual situation.

I have seen cats get ulcers on their lips. These are usually something called eosinophilic ulcers (or rodent ulcers) and they are treated with steroid injections from your vet.

However, these don't burst open and bleed. In fact there is no common condition that can cause what you are describing.

There is a possibility that these are cancerous growths. It is also possible that she has a rare condition called pemphigus.

I would highly advise you see your vet about this condition. They should be able to tell you whether or not you should be worried and may be able to do something to help.

If you would like to reply I can give you an email address where you can send pictures to and I can see if I can help you out any more.

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (6921 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7230 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (12206 views)

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (7981 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (10105 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (4581 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (14245 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (6979 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (15881 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7252 views)