Raw, sore nose.

Breed: Malamute
Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked by 2 pitbulls and in the process of her protecting herself her nose which used to be black has been pink ever since (really raw) and continueously keeps cracking and bleeding and she keeps bumping it causing furthur injury. As a result of this injury and her scratching she got an infection in her snout and it travelled to her eyes causing drooping underneath the eyes and a clear discharge and her eyes seem dry and red. I took her to the vet for this and she was on antibiotics and I changed her food from benifil to science diet. She has improved majorly and the infection is gone. However she continueously bumps her nose re-opening her nose wounds and her eyes are still droopy but she is back to her happy self. I have taken her to the vet a bunch of times now and am definatly running low on money for the vet as the bill runs me over $600.00 everytime not that I mind I love my dog but I am wondering if there is anything I can try at home. Please help I love my dog and I would like to see her nose finally get better and her eyes not be so droopy. Also she has almost like dry scalp in her ears and they look sore I am at a loss and would be devistated if she doesnt get better. My poor Mika hopefully you can help

Star

There is a possibility that this problem with Mika's nose has nothing to do with the dog bite. I'm wondering if she has an autoimmune problem such as pemphigus or discoid lupus.

Both of these are serious lifelong problems. Unfortunately the only way to diagnose these are with skin biopsies that can be expensive.

Some vitamin E cream applied twice daily may help somewhat. But, if this is an autoimmune condition then she may need long term steroid medications.

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (6670 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (27732 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (32210 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (14393 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (10141 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (15740 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (16280 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (10233 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (11438 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (7654 views)