Raw, sore nose.

Breed: Malamute
Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked by 2 pitbulls and in the process of her protecting herself her nose which used to be black has been pink ever since (really raw) and continueously keeps cracking and bleeding and she keeps bumping it causing furthur injury. As a result of this injury and her scratching she got an infection in her snout and it travelled to her eyes causing drooping underneath the eyes and a clear discharge and her eyes seem dry and red. I took her to the vet for this and she was on antibiotics and I changed her food from benifil to science diet. She has improved majorly and the infection is gone. However she continueously bumps her nose re-opening her nose wounds and her eyes are still droopy but she is back to her happy self. I have taken her to the vet a bunch of times now and am definatly running low on money for the vet as the bill runs me over $600.00 everytime not that I mind I love my dog but I am wondering if there is anything I can try at home. Please help I love my dog and I would like to see her nose finally get better and her eyes not be so droopy. Also she has almost like dry scalp in her ears and they look sore I am at a loss and would be devistated if she doesnt get better. My poor Mika hopefully you can help

Star

There is a possibility that this problem with Mika's nose has nothing to do with the dog bite. I'm wondering if she has an autoimmune problem such as pemphigus or discoid lupus.

Both of these are serious lifelong problems. Unfortunately the only way to diagnose these are with skin biopsies that can be expensive.

Some vitamin E cream applied twice daily may help somewhat. But, if this is an autoimmune condition then she may need long term steroid medications.

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (7357 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (5029 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (16577 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (8918 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (11099 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (7900 views)

Dental cleaning extend dog's life? My Pug Chocko has a tooth that feels loose. I think it's his lower central incisor... (4703 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (7914 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (8561 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (3919 views)