Chin acne in a dog.

Breed: Cane Corso
My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I have recently started draining them only for them to come back bigger. My dog doesn't appear to be in any pain but they look nasty.

Although I can't say for certain what this is without seeing Bowdoin, I am suspicious that this could be something called chin acne.

Some dogs with chin acne will benefit from using Oxy-Pads (made for teenagers with acne) a couple of times per day. You can simply rub the area with the Oxy Pads.

However, the red spots can often become infected. If this is the case then your dog will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It won't hurt to try the OxyPads but if they are not working then I would highly advise a vet visit. Also, it is likely not helpful to pop these.

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (13974 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (15028 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (13457 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (67867 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (53629 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (8070 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (9135 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (690655 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (16883 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (14480 views)