Chin acne in a dog.

Breed: Cane Corso
My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I have recently started draining them only for them to come back bigger. My dog doesn't appear to be in any pain but they look nasty.

Although I can't say for certain what this is without seeing Bowdoin, I am suspicious that this could be something called chin acne.

Some dogs with chin acne will benefit from using Oxy-Pads (made for teenagers with acne) a couple of times per day. You can simply rub the area with the Oxy Pads.

However, the red spots can often become infected. If this is the case then your dog will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It won't hurt to try the OxyPads but if they are not working then I would highly advise a vet visit. Also, it is likely not helpful to pop these.

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (12746 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (12471 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (6113 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (27786 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (8468 views)

Cat died. Dear Doctor Haynes, I started looking after a stray young tomcat (who I presume... (7965 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (56944 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (24587 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (190483 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (6861 views)