Chin acne in a dog.

Breed: Cane Corso
My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I have recently started draining them only for them to come back bigger. My dog doesn't appear to be in any pain but they look nasty.

Although I can't say for certain what this is without seeing Bowdoin, I am suspicious that this could be something called chin acne.

Some dogs with chin acne will benefit from using Oxy-Pads (made for teenagers with acne) a couple of times per day. You can simply rub the area with the Oxy Pads.

However, the red spots can often become infected. If this is the case then your dog will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It won't hurt to try the OxyPads but if they are not working then I would highly advise a vet visit. Also, it is likely not helpful to pop these.

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (37414 views)

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (5223 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (13278 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (29196 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (7692 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (7311 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (6500 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (9657 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (6545 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (66086 views)