Chin acne in a dog.

Breed: Cane Corso
My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I have recently started draining them only for them to come back bigger. My dog doesn't appear to be in any pain but they look nasty.

Although I can't say for certain what this is without seeing Bowdoin, I am suspicious that this could be something called chin acne.

Some dogs with chin acne will benefit from using Oxy-Pads (made for teenagers with acne) a couple of times per day. You can simply rub the area with the Oxy Pads.

However, the red spots can often become infected. If this is the case then your dog will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It won't hurt to try the OxyPads but if they are not working then I would highly advise a vet visit. Also, it is likely not helpful to pop these.

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (5341 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (17920 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (36724 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (38376 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (7172 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (15427 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (59857 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (16807 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (15205 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (9067 views)