Chin acne in a dog.

Breed: Cane Corso
My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I have recently started draining them only for them to come back bigger. My dog doesn't appear to be in any pain but they look nasty.

Although I can't say for certain what this is without seeing Bowdoin, I am suspicious that this could be something called chin acne.

Some dogs with chin acne will benefit from using Oxy-Pads (made for teenagers with acne) a couple of times per day. You can simply rub the area with the Oxy Pads.

However, the red spots can often become infected. If this is the case then your dog will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It won't hurt to try the OxyPads but if they are not working then I would highly advise a vet visit. Also, it is likely not helpful to pop these.

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (12499 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (25292 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (12893 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (11689 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (29530 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (18355 views)

Dental cleaning extend dog's life? My Pug Chocko has a tooth that feels loose. I think it's his lower central incisor... (8436 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (9432 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (7024 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (17081 views)