Chin acne in a dog.

Breed: Cane Corso
My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I have recently started draining them only for them to come back bigger. My dog doesn't appear to be in any pain but they look nasty.

Although I can't say for certain what this is without seeing Bowdoin, I am suspicious that this could be something called chin acne.

Some dogs with chin acne will benefit from using Oxy-Pads (made for teenagers with acne) a couple of times per day. You can simply rub the area with the Oxy Pads.

However, the red spots can often become infected. If this is the case then your dog will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It won't hurt to try the OxyPads but if they are not working then I would highly advise a vet visit. Also, it is likely not helpful to pop these.

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (4208 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (8906 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5572 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (15671 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (10960 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (52490 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (7501 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (11013 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6227 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (26699 views)