Start vaccines over?

Breed: maltese
i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record, is it safe to redo all the shots as a preventative or will it harm the puppy? She's only a pound teacup! Also she's had diareah on and off. please advise.

This type of situation happens a lot. If I have a patient present to me for vaccines but I don't know their vaccine history we just assume that they have had none and start over again. This is safe to do.

There are many reasons for diarrhea. In a young dog, parasites are common so I would have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites. Lately, we are seeing a lot of things like giardia and coccidia which need special medications and are not killed by regular dewormers.

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (6706 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (6592 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (9659 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (11170 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (9545 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (7850 views)

Cat shaking after flea treatment. I accidentally treated my kitten with a store bought flea treatment meant for dogs... (21141 views)

Cat peeing in tub. Hi, DR. Marie; Tiger has recently started using the bath tub for his litter box,... (41500 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (6700 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (6891 views)