Start vaccines over?

Breed: maltese
i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record, is it safe to redo all the shots as a preventative or will it harm the puppy? She's only a pound teacup! Also she's had diareah on and off. please advise.

This type of situation happens a lot. If I have a patient present to me for vaccines but I don't know their vaccine history we just assume that they have had none and start over again. This is safe to do.

There are many reasons for diarrhea. In a young dog, parasites are common so I would have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites. Lately, we are seeing a lot of things like giardia and coccidia which need special medications and are not killed by regular dewormers.

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (6827 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (9625 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (4089 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (8868 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (12254 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (80125 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (6221 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (66770 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (28288 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (12041 views)