Start vaccines over?

Breed: maltese
i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record, is it safe to redo all the shots as a preventative or will it harm the puppy? She's only a pound teacup! Also she's had diareah on and off. please advise.

This type of situation happens a lot. If I have a patient present to me for vaccines but I don't know their vaccine history we just assume that they have had none and start over again. This is safe to do.

There are many reasons for diarrhea. In a young dog, parasites are common so I would have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites. Lately, we are seeing a lot of things like giardia and coccidia which need special medications and are not killed by regular dewormers.

Maggots in guinea pig cage. Dr. Marie, I found maggots in my guinea pig cage today. what should I do? They seem... (22085 views)

Puppies are dying after fire. We just got a couple of pit puppies, 2 weeks old - the mother dog died in a house... (7854 views)

Kitten was hit by a car. Hello. I would really appreciate if you could help with this situation. My kitten... (10701 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (6458 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (16401 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (9982 views)

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (48464 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (6631 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (8101 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (26870 views)