Start vaccines over?

Breed: maltese
i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record, is it safe to redo all the shots as a preventative or will it harm the puppy? She's only a pound teacup! Also she's had diareah on and off. please advise.

This type of situation happens a lot. If I have a patient present to me for vaccines but I don't know their vaccine history we just assume that they have had none and start over again. This is safe to do.

There are many reasons for diarrhea. In a young dog, parasites are common so I would have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites. Lately, we are seeing a lot of things like giardia and coccidia which need special medications and are not killed by regular dewormers.

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (30862 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (43365 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (6769 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (24637 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (6152 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (3137 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (47730 views)

Large black mole on dog. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m kind of worried because my dog, a Labrador retriever he has... (24194 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (6610 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (10868 views)