Start vaccines over?

Breed: maltese
i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record, is it safe to redo all the shots as a preventative or will it harm the puppy? She's only a pound teacup! Also she's had diareah on and off. please advise.

This type of situation happens a lot. If I have a patient present to me for vaccines but I don't know their vaccine history we just assume that they have had none and start over again. This is safe to do.

There are many reasons for diarrhea. In a young dog, parasites are common so I would have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites. Lately, we are seeing a lot of things like giardia and coccidia which need special medications and are not killed by regular dewormers.

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (10545 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (18898 views)

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (12137 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (6564 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (9120 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (11653 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (16546 views)

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (9646 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (3568 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (26276 views)