Start vaccines over?

Breed: maltese
i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record, is it safe to redo all the shots as a preventative or will it harm the puppy? She's only a pound teacup! Also she's had diareah on and off. please advise.

This type of situation happens a lot. If I have a patient present to me for vaccines but I don't know their vaccine history we just assume that they have had none and start over again. This is safe to do.

There are many reasons for diarrhea. In a young dog, parasites are common so I would have your vet do a fecal exam to look for parasites. Lately, we are seeing a lot of things like giardia and coccidia which need special medications and are not killed by regular dewormers.

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (25620 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (12119 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (10539 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (3845 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (3730 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (81569 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (9712 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (18542 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (6314 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (13168 views)