Puppy Strangles.

Breed: Italian Mastiff
litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps full of pus on their necks. All are still eating normal, playing, learning to growl and seem healthy. What would be the cause?

It sounds like what you are describing may be something called "puppy strangles". This is a very serious, life threatening condition. It often can be treated with steroids prescribed by a vet. Hopefully they will be able to see a vet soon!

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (63375 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (8033 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (9850 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (21848 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (32318 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (36127 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (13577 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (12441 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (9198 views)

Sore neck Hi Dr. Marie, You've been helpful in the past, so I thought I'd ask you another... (6042 views)