Puppy Strangles.

Breed: Italian Mastiff
litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps full of pus on their necks. All are still eating normal, playing, learning to growl and seem healthy. What would be the cause?

It sounds like what you are describing may be something called "puppy strangles". This is a very serious, life threatening condition. It often can be treated with steroids prescribed by a vet. Hopefully they will be able to see a vet soon!

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8025 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (11610 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (8099 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (19626 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (12286 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (7885 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (7252 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (13285 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (21359 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (20186 views)