Puppy Strangles.

Breed: Italian Mastiff
litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps full of pus on their necks. All are still eating normal, playing, learning to growl and seem healthy. What would be the cause?

It sounds like what you are describing may be something called "puppy strangles". This is a very serious, life threatening condition. It often can be treated with steroids prescribed by a vet. Hopefully they will be able to see a vet soon!

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (9331 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (12564 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (8480 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (16074 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (8869 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (22597 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (11363 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (38305 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (12427 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (7135 views)