Puppy Strangles.

Breed: Italian Mastiff
litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps full of pus on their necks. All are still eating normal, playing, learning to growl and seem healthy. What would be the cause?

It sounds like what you are describing may be something called "puppy strangles". This is a very serious, life threatening condition. It often can be treated with steroids prescribed by a vet. Hopefully they will be able to see a vet soon!

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10320 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (9862 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (16869 views)

Herpes and sore mouth. My 2 year old short hair tabby was diagnosed with FHV quite early on.. he's been... (12779 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (24427 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (20439 views)

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (25676 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (7366 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (13157 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (5309 views)