Hair loss at base of tail.

Breed: American Short hair
My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald spots.Is there a way to stop this? And is it a serious disease?

By far the most common reason for a cat to pull her hair out in this area is fleas, even if you can't see them. This is so common that I wrote an article about it:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (11926 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11544 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (7954 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (17882 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (39004 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7936 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (10271 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (7955 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (9001 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (47815 views)