Hair loss at base of tail.

Breed: American Short hair
My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald spots.Is there a way to stop this? And is it a serious disease?

By far the most common reason for a cat to pull her hair out in this area is fleas, even if you can't see them. This is so common that I wrote an article about it:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (5036 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19352 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7521 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (9861 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (17384 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (24177 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (14316 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (42544 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (11037 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (5087 views)