Hair loss at base of tail.

Breed: American Short hair
My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald spots.Is there a way to stop this? And is it a serious disease?

By far the most common reason for a cat to pull her hair out in this area is fleas, even if you can't see them. This is so common that I wrote an article about it:

Seriously, your pet has fleas.

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (8261 views)

Can't move back legs. I hope you reply quick my dog is dragging both of his back legs he cant stand up but... (20418 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12290 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (11298 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (18952 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (179331 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (22120 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (8103 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (22187 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (35343 views)