Dog died suddenly.

Breed: Terrier Cross (Mongr
Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other day! He ment the world to me and ive been left devastated and without a reason why!!! I jus want to know what happened......!

Lucky was alot like a corgie (by appearance) but wasn't an actual breed! He was a well built dog on short but stong paws!!

My mom's boyfriend was the one that found him, and due to shock, he was buried shortly after!! We spoke to the vet and she said thinks he may have had a heart attack!! (He had froth around his mouth also).........What do you think??? Please,i really need to know what happened to him!! :(

Please help me.........

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Lucky passed away suddenly.

This is a really tough question to answer because there are a number of things that could cause this to happen.

Did he have any symptoms of problems in the days before he died? Was there any lack of appetite? Was he quieter than usual?

If he did just die suddenly with no signs of illness then a heart problem is possible. Some dogs can have something called dilated cardiomyopathy. They can go their whole lives with no symptoms and then one day the heart can suddenly fail.

If this is what happened then it means that Lucky died with no pain or no awareness of what was happening.

Another possibility is if he had some internal bleeding. This could be either from an accident such as being hit by a vehicle and rupturing his spleen, or from having a tumor in his abdomen that suddenly ruptured.

Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to have someone do a post mortem exam on him.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

No,there was no symptoms before he died, his appetite wasn't affected and he seemed to be fine.
I take great comfort in knowing Lucky didn't suffer and wasn't aware....Thank you so much for your kind words and quick response....

How long for Frontline to work An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing... (9169 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (8766 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (6408 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5522 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5273 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (7981 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (4255 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (9410 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (31950 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (8192 views)