Dog died suddenly.

Breed: Terrier Cross (Mongr
Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other day! He ment the world to me and ive been left devastated and without a reason why!!! I jus want to know what happened......!

Lucky was alot like a corgie (by appearance) but wasn't an actual breed! He was a well built dog on short but stong paws!!

My mom's boyfriend was the one that found him, and due to shock, he was buried shortly after!! We spoke to the vet and she said thinks he may have had a heart attack!! (He had froth around his mouth also).........What do you think??? Please,i really need to know what happened to him!! :(

Please help me.........

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Lucky passed away suddenly.

This is a really tough question to answer because there are a number of things that could cause this to happen.

Did he have any symptoms of problems in the days before he died? Was there any lack of appetite? Was he quieter than usual?

If he did just die suddenly with no signs of illness then a heart problem is possible. Some dogs can have something called dilated cardiomyopathy. They can go their whole lives with no symptoms and then one day the heart can suddenly fail.

If this is what happened then it means that Lucky died with no pain or no awareness of what was happening.

Another possibility is if he had some internal bleeding. This could be either from an accident such as being hit by a vehicle and rupturing his spleen, or from having a tumor in his abdomen that suddenly ruptured.

Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to have someone do a post mortem exam on him.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

No,there was no symptoms before he died, his appetite wasn't affected and he seemed to be fine.
I take great comfort in knowing Lucky didn't suffer and wasn't aware....Thank you so much for your kind words and quick response....

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (14829 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (8988 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (6861 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (9927 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (10320 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (11221 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (10461 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (8927 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (8610 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (11001 views)