Dog died suddenly.

Breed: Terrier Cross (Mongr
Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other day! He ment the world to me and ive been left devastated and without a reason why!!! I jus want to know what happened......!

Lucky was alot like a corgie (by appearance) but wasn't an actual breed! He was a well built dog on short but stong paws!!

My mom's boyfriend was the one that found him, and due to shock, he was buried shortly after!! We spoke to the vet and she said thinks he may have had a heart attack!! (He had froth around his mouth also).........What do you think??? Please,i really need to know what happened to him!! :(

Please help me.........

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Lucky passed away suddenly.

This is a really tough question to answer because there are a number of things that could cause this to happen.

Did he have any symptoms of problems in the days before he died? Was there any lack of appetite? Was he quieter than usual?

If he did just die suddenly with no signs of illness then a heart problem is possible. Some dogs can have something called dilated cardiomyopathy. They can go their whole lives with no symptoms and then one day the heart can suddenly fail.

If this is what happened then it means that Lucky died with no pain or no awareness of what was happening.

Another possibility is if he had some internal bleeding. This could be either from an accident such as being hit by a vehicle and rupturing his spleen, or from having a tumor in his abdomen that suddenly ruptured.

Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to have someone do a post mortem exam on him.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

No,there was no symptoms before he died, his appetite wasn't affected and he seemed to be fine.
I take great comfort in knowing Lucky didn't suffer and wasn't aware....Thank you so much for your kind words and quick response....

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (59679 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (18848 views)

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (53573 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (12047 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (40130 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (12511 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (17714 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (16759 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (14958 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (14912 views)