Dog died suddenly.

Breed: Terrier Cross (Mongr
Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other day! He ment the world to me and ive been left devastated and without a reason why!!! I jus want to know what happened......!

Lucky was alot like a corgie (by appearance) but wasn't an actual breed! He was a well built dog on short but stong paws!!

My mom's boyfriend was the one that found him, and due to shock, he was buried shortly after!! We spoke to the vet and she said thinks he may have had a heart attack!! (He had froth around his mouth also).........What do you think??? Please,i really need to know what happened to him!! :(

Please help me.........

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Lucky passed away suddenly.

This is a really tough question to answer because there are a number of things that could cause this to happen.

Did he have any symptoms of problems in the days before he died? Was there any lack of appetite? Was he quieter than usual?

If he did just die suddenly with no signs of illness then a heart problem is possible. Some dogs can have something called dilated cardiomyopathy. They can go their whole lives with no symptoms and then one day the heart can suddenly fail.

If this is what happened then it means that Lucky died with no pain or no awareness of what was happening.

Another possibility is if he had some internal bleeding. This could be either from an accident such as being hit by a vehicle and rupturing his spleen, or from having a tumor in his abdomen that suddenly ruptured.

Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to have someone do a post mortem exam on him.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

No,there was no symptoms before he died, his appetite wasn't affected and he seemed to be fine.
I take great comfort in knowing Lucky didn't suffer and wasn't aware....Thank you so much for your kind words and quick response....

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (8721 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (6871 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (10432 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4247 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (7691 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (5116 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (19296 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (10159 views)

Can I get toxoplasmosis from my dog? I've caught my dog eating stray cat feces in my yard several times. I would then... (35319 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (20387 views)