Dog died suddenly.

Breed: Terrier Cross (Mongr
Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other day! He ment the world to me and ive been left devastated and without a reason why!!! I jus want to know what happened......!

Lucky was alot like a corgie (by appearance) but wasn't an actual breed! He was a well built dog on short but stong paws!!

My mom's boyfriend was the one that found him, and due to shock, he was buried shortly after!! We spoke to the vet and she said thinks he may have had a heart attack!! (He had froth around his mouth also).........What do you think??? Please,i really need to know what happened to him!! :(

Please help me.........

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Lucky passed away suddenly.

This is a really tough question to answer because there are a number of things that could cause this to happen.

Did he have any symptoms of problems in the days before he died? Was there any lack of appetite? Was he quieter than usual?

If he did just die suddenly with no signs of illness then a heart problem is possible. Some dogs can have something called dilated cardiomyopathy. They can go their whole lives with no symptoms and then one day the heart can suddenly fail.

If this is what happened then it means that Lucky died with no pain or no awareness of what was happening.

Another possibility is if he had some internal bleeding. This could be either from an accident such as being hit by a vehicle and rupturing his spleen, or from having a tumor in his abdomen that suddenly ruptured.

Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to have someone do a post mortem exam on him.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

No,there was no symptoms before he died, his appetite wasn't affected and he seemed to be fine.
I take great comfort in knowing Lucky didn't suffer and wasn't aware....Thank you so much for your kind words and quick response....

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (54501 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (10848 views)

Dog with colonic tumor. Hi - Our nearly 11 year old male yellow lab has had quite a week. He has been... (18835 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7359 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (21713 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (13571 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (75408 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (4657 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (41170 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (16824 views)