Can dogs get laryngitis?

Breed: rock/sheppard mix
what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it before.

I can't say that I have ever seen a dog who got laryngitis unless there was an underlying medical problem such as a tumor in the larynx.

Cats can sometimes get laryngitis that goes away on its own.
In theory, I guess it's possible for a dog to lose his voice if he barked too much but I've never seen that happen!

So, if your dog is losing his voice I'd recommend having your vet take a look!

I hope he is ok!

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (9697 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (15236 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (13754 views)

hamster brain damage from chewing Hi, my 18 month old hamster started to bite her cage several months ago. i have... (14924 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (34014 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (72647 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (9842 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (9932 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (26923 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (18414 views)