Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat.

Breed: calico
My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is pregnant because she is rather small. She will be laying down and all of a sudden she will start pushing. She has been doing this for a couple days, she doesn't seem to be in any pain.

I would be very worried about the possibility of Lucy being pregnant and possibly having problems with her pregnancy. If she is pushing and nothing is coming out then she needs to see a vet right away! Hopefully she will not need a C-Section.

Another possible reason for a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat is an infection in the uterus called a pyometra. This is very serious and requires emergency surgery right away.

Any time we see a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat it is a cause for concern.

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (9146 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (60011 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (9575 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (20270 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (28842 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (6896 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (7835 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (6130 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (5889 views)

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (38622 views)