Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat.

Breed: calico
My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is pregnant because she is rather small. She will be laying down and all of a sudden she will start pushing. She has been doing this for a couple days, she doesn't seem to be in any pain.

I would be very worried about the possibility of Lucy being pregnant and possibly having problems with her pregnancy. If she is pushing and nothing is coming out then she needs to see a vet right away! Hopefully she will not need a C-Section.

Another possible reason for a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat is an infection in the uterus called a pyometra. This is very serious and requires emergency surgery right away.

Any time we see a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat it is a cause for concern.

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (21466 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (8978 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (10093 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18618 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (66978 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9185 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (10544 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (7360 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (7013 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (16931 views)