Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat.

Breed: calico
My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is pregnant because she is rather small. She will be laying down and all of a sudden she will start pushing. She has been doing this for a couple days, she doesn't seem to be in any pain.

I would be very worried about the possibility of Lucy being pregnant and possibly having problems with her pregnancy. If she is pushing and nothing is coming out then she needs to see a vet right away! Hopefully she will not need a C-Section.

Another possible reason for a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat is an infection in the uterus called a pyometra. This is very serious and requires emergency surgery right away.

Any time we see a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat it is a cause for concern.

Dog doesn't drink much and burps. We recently adopted our boxer mix from a vet and she appears to be in very good... (18924 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (8145 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (3522 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (6493 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (6371 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (14076 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (182786 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (11668 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (5891 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (9153 views)