Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat.

Breed: calico
My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is pregnant because she is rather small. She will be laying down and all of a sudden she will start pushing. She has been doing this for a couple days, she doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

I would be very worried about the possibility of Lucy being pregnant and possibly having problems with her pregnancy. If she is pushing and nothing is coming out then she needs to see a vet right away! Hopefully she will not need a C-Section.

Another possible reason for a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat is an infection in the uterus called a pyometra. This is very serious and requires emergency surgery right away.

Any time we see a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat it is a cause for concern.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (10459 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (2713 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (2873 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (4591 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (17681 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (4247 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (6069 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (3374 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (10733 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (8305 views)