Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat.

Breed: calico
My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is pregnant because she is rather small. She will be laying down and all of a sudden she will start pushing. She has been doing this for a couple days, she doesn't seem to be in any pain.

I would be very worried about the possibility of Lucy being pregnant and possibly having problems with her pregnancy. If she is pushing and nothing is coming out then she needs to see a vet right away! Hopefully she will not need a C-Section.

Another possible reason for a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat is an infection in the uterus called a pyometra. This is very serious and requires emergency surgery right away.

Any time we see a bloody vaginal discharge in a cat it is a cause for concern.

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (16517 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (6394 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (3816 views)

Fly a puppy in cargo? Hi Dr Marie. We live in Halifax and are buying a pup from a breeder in Winnipeg.... (4389 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (7245 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (23545 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (25117 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (11237 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (6529 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (4952 views)