Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (18872 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (19548 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (10712 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (15552 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (14674 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (9425 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (13694 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (12208 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (11855 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (10217 views)