Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (10962 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9153 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (10440 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (12959 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (11841 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (14243 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (43910 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (22846 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (13808 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (7063 views)