Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (53102 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (10870 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (18345 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (11371 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8662 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (20268 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (5379 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (28445 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (10536 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (11727 views)