Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (12909 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4616 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (20449 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (8902 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (10941 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18925 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (6706 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (13823 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (13329 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (50351 views)