Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15892 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (10461 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (56304 views)

Possible seizure in toy poodle. my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when... (16267 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (10618 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (20292 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (9050 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (22170 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6365 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (36725 views)