Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (55057 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (9571 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (10976 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (24055 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (11397 views)

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (28819 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (14639 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (9413 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (16111 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (8387 views)