Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (13582 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (12889 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (11506 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (18266 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (8938 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (12078 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (32896 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (12960 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (22460 views)

Cat with megacolon We have a cat, Poofter, who has mega-colon. The vet prescribed Hills Prescription... (14179 views)