Yorkie not eating much food.

Breed: yorkie-poo
My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup even less a day but does have his normal bowel movements. He drinks his water normally and also has a lot of energy. Doesnt seem sick to me but Im worried about his health.

Half a cup of food per day sounds like a very normal amount for a yorkie, actually! It all depends on the type of food as they all vary in calorie amounts, but for most foods 1/2 cup of food would be plenty.

I would be more worried if the dog was losing weight and lethargic, or if he used to eat much more and now eats less.

As long as he is bright and happy and not losing weight I really wouldn't be that concerned.

But, if your gut is telling you that something is wrong then I would have your vet do a good physical exam on him.

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (23835 views)

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (73963 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (8798 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (25744 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (9109 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (5864 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (16156 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (10461 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (12000 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (9737 views)