Health problems.

Breed: BULL TERRIER (MINIAT
WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD FEMALE DOG, BELOVED PET, HAS SOME SORT OF KIDNEY PROBLEM: IS WETTING ALL THE TIME. ALSO SOME SORT OF HEART PROBLEM MAYBE ARITHMIA, AND WHEN THE DOG IS SLEEPING HER BREATHING IS SEEMINGLY JUST FINE. WHEN THE DOG IS AWAKE, HER BREATHING IS VERY LABORED, AND YOU CAN HEAR THE STRUGGLE. SHE SQUINTS HER EYES LOOKING LIKE IT'S DUE TO PAIN AS SHE BREATHES.
A VET HAS NOT GIVEN A DIAGNOSES, I DON'T THINK HE KNOWS, HOWEVER, HE HAS GIVEN HER SOME PILLS THAT SHE STARTED, AND MUST BE WEANED OFF OF. WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALL THE SYMPTOMS. DOES IT SPARK A MAIN CAUSE FOR THIS SERIOUS SITUATION. MY BROTHER FEARS SHE WILL SOON DIE. THIS WILL BE VERY DEVASTATING. MY BROTHER HAS LIVED WITH NO ONE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME HE'S HAD THE DOG, AND SHE IS LIKE HIS CHILD ! ! !
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HUGELY BE APPRECIATED ! ! !
THANK YOU VERY MUCH .
DUE TO CUT-BACKS WHERE I WORKED, I AM UNEMPLOYED, OTHERWISE, I WOULD PAY YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD OFFER. THEREFORE, I HAVE TO GO THE FREE, 4-7DAY ROUTE, AND HOPE HIS DOG, MOUSE, WILL HANG ON. GOD BLESS.

Sorry to hear that Mouse is having these problems. It sounds like she is really unwell.

This is a situation where I wish I could see Mouse to examine her. It's hard to say what her prognosis is likely to be without seeing her. But the symptoms you have described have me worried.

An increase in thirst and urination combined with breathing issues could be related to heart disease, serious kidney disease, liver disease or cancer. Unfortunately all of these are usually very serious.

This is a case where I would likely need to be doing a fair amount of bloodwork to determine what is going on. However, from what you have told me I am worried that we may need to be making some hard decisions for Mouse soon.

I really hope she feels better soon.

Wobbly drooling kitten. I have a 6 month old tabby and a few days ago he started walking almost bow legged... (12578 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (9664 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4140 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (25922 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (21458 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (21028 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (7755 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (14116 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (10309 views)

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (48372 views)