Health problems.

Breed: BULL TERRIER (MINIAT
WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD FEMALE DOG, BELOVED PET, HAS SOME SORT OF KIDNEY PROBLEM: IS WETTING ALL THE TIME. ALSO SOME SORT OF HEART PROBLEM MAYBE ARITHMIA, AND WHEN THE DOG IS SLEEPING HER BREATHING IS SEEMINGLY JUST FINE. WHEN THE DOG IS AWAKE, HER BREATHING IS VERY LABORED, AND YOU CAN HEAR THE STRUGGLE. SHE SQUINTS HER EYES LOOKING LIKE IT'S DUE TO PAIN AS SHE BREATHES.
A VET HAS NOT GIVEN A DIAGNOSES, I DON'T THINK HE KNOWS, HOWEVER, HE HAS GIVEN HER SOME PILLS THAT SHE STARTED, AND MUST BE WEANED OFF OF. WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALL THE SYMPTOMS. DOES IT SPARK A MAIN CAUSE FOR THIS SERIOUS SITUATION. MY BROTHER FEARS SHE WILL SOON DIE. THIS WILL BE VERY DEVASTATING. MY BROTHER HAS LIVED WITH NO ONE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME HE'S HAD THE DOG, AND SHE IS LIKE HIS CHILD ! ! !
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HUGELY BE APPRECIATED ! ! !
THANK YOU VERY MUCH .
DUE TO CUT-BACKS WHERE I WORKED, I AM UNEMPLOYED, OTHERWISE, I WOULD PAY YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD OFFER. THEREFORE, I HAVE TO GO THE FREE, 4-7DAY ROUTE, AND HOPE HIS DOG, MOUSE, WILL HANG ON. GOD BLESS.

Sorry to hear that Mouse is having these problems. It sounds like she is really unwell.

This is a situation where I wish I could see Mouse to examine her. It's hard to say what her prognosis is likely to be without seeing her. But the symptoms you have described have me worried.

An increase in thirst and urination combined with breathing issues could be related to heart disease, serious kidney disease, liver disease or cancer. Unfortunately all of these are usually very serious.

This is a case where I would likely need to be doing a fair amount of bloodwork to determine what is going on. However, from what you have told me I am worried that we may need to be making some hard decisions for Mouse soon.

I really hope she feels better soon.

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (16234 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (9573 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (21511 views)

Dog had a seizure. My dog had a seizure this morning. She is a 3 ½ year old spayed Whippet/Jack... (12637 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8285 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (11447 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (17367 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8035 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (9856 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (13771 views)