Health problems.

Breed: BULL TERRIER (MINIAT
WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD FEMALE DOG, BELOVED PET, HAS SOME SORT OF KIDNEY PROBLEM: IS WETTING ALL THE TIME. ALSO SOME SORT OF HEART PROBLEM MAYBE ARITHMIA, AND WHEN THE DOG IS SLEEPING HER BREATHING IS SEEMINGLY JUST FINE. WHEN THE DOG IS AWAKE, HER BREATHING IS VERY LABORED, AND YOU CAN HEAR THE STRUGGLE. SHE SQUINTS HER EYES LOOKING LIKE IT'S DUE TO PAIN AS SHE BREATHES.
A VET HAS NOT GIVEN A DIAGNOSES, I DON'T THINK HE KNOWS, HOWEVER, HE HAS GIVEN HER SOME PILLS THAT SHE STARTED, AND MUST BE WEANED OFF OF. WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALL THE SYMPTOMS. DOES IT SPARK A MAIN CAUSE FOR THIS SERIOUS SITUATION. MY BROTHER FEARS SHE WILL SOON DIE. THIS WILL BE VERY DEVASTATING. MY BROTHER HAS LIVED WITH NO ONE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME HE'S HAD THE DOG, AND SHE IS LIKE HIS CHILD ! ! !
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HUGELY BE APPRECIATED ! ! !
THANK YOU VERY MUCH .
DUE TO CUT-BACKS WHERE I WORKED, I AM UNEMPLOYED, OTHERWISE, I WOULD PAY YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD OFFER. THEREFORE, I HAVE TO GO THE FREE, 4-7DAY ROUTE, AND HOPE HIS DOG, MOUSE, WILL HANG ON. GOD BLESS.

Sorry to hear that Mouse is having these problems. It sounds like she is really unwell.

This is a situation where I wish I could see Mouse to examine her. It's hard to say what her prognosis is likely to be without seeing her. But the symptoms you have described have me worried.

An increase in thirst and urination combined with breathing issues could be related to heart disease, serious kidney disease, liver disease or cancer. Unfortunately all of these are usually very serious.

This is a case where I would likely need to be doing a fair amount of bloodwork to determine what is going on. However, from what you have told me I am worried that we may need to be making some hard decisions for Mouse soon.

I really hope she feels better soon.

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (4824 views)

Itchy ear Hi Dr. I have a 9 month old neutered male golden. Beginning last Saturday he... (12664 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (5893 views)

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (10505 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (10035 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5059 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7060 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (49609 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7093 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (8863 views)