Health problems.

Breed: BULL TERRIER (MINIAT
WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD FEMALE DOG, BELOVED PET, HAS SOME SORT OF KIDNEY PROBLEM: IS WETTING ALL THE TIME. ALSO SOME SORT OF HEART PROBLEM MAYBE ARITHMIA, AND WHEN THE DOG IS SLEEPING HER BREATHING IS SEEMINGLY JUST FINE. WHEN THE DOG IS AWAKE, HER BREATHING IS VERY LABORED, AND YOU CAN HEAR THE STRUGGLE. SHE SQUINTS HER EYES LOOKING LIKE IT'S DUE TO PAIN AS SHE BREATHES.
A VET HAS NOT GIVEN A DIAGNOSES, I DON'T THINK HE KNOWS, HOWEVER, HE HAS GIVEN HER SOME PILLS THAT SHE STARTED, AND MUST BE WEANED OFF OF. WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON ALL THE SYMPTOMS. DOES IT SPARK A MAIN CAUSE FOR THIS SERIOUS SITUATION. MY BROTHER FEARS SHE WILL SOON DIE. THIS WILL BE VERY DEVASTATING. MY BROTHER HAS LIVED WITH NO ONE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME HE'S HAD THE DOG, AND SHE IS LIKE HIS CHILD ! ! !
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HUGELY BE APPRECIATED ! ! !
THANK YOU VERY MUCH .
DUE TO CUT-BACKS WHERE I WORKED, I AM UNEMPLOYED, OTHERWISE, I WOULD PAY YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD OFFER. THEREFORE, I HAVE TO GO THE FREE, 4-7DAY ROUTE, AND HOPE HIS DOG, MOUSE, WILL HANG ON. GOD BLESS.

Sorry to hear that Mouse is having these problems. It sounds like she is really unwell.

This is a situation where I wish I could see Mouse to examine her. It's hard to say what her prognosis is likely to be without seeing her. But the symptoms you have described have me worried.

An increase in thirst and urination combined with breathing issues could be related to heart disease, serious kidney disease, liver disease or cancer. Unfortunately all of these are usually very serious.

This is a case where I would likely need to be doing a fair amount of bloodwork to determine what is going on. However, from what you have told me I am worried that we may need to be making some hard decisions for Mouse soon.

I really hope she feels better soon.

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (14847 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (19158 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (65915 views)

Infected spay incision? Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Twiggy had spay surgery 2 days ago. She eats and sleeps... (16792 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6931 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (6523 views)

Backward sneezing and drooling. Firstly I am doing this om my iPhone . I can get email but can not send so please... (17411 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (9300 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (7647 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (7333 views)