Diarrhea after having puppies.

Breed: pit bull
is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week ago

It is relatively common for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. But, it is not normal to have diarrhea 11 weeks after having puppies.

It would be a good idea to have your vet examine a stool sample for parasites. It's not a bad idea to do a treatment of Dewormer and then repeat it again in 2 weeks time.

However, there are some parasites that can need prescription medications in order to be cleared up.

There are a number of other things that can cause diarrhea including viruses, bacterial issues and more, so if the deworming doesn't work (or if she is really not feeling well) then a vet visit is the best idea.

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (20564 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (14218 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (5571 views)

Flea problems. I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control... (11296 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (17373 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (5727 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (9716 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (9556 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (184583 views)

Kitten was hit by a car. Hello. I would really appreciate if you could help with this situation. My kitten... (11030 views)