Diarrhea after having puppies.

Breed: pit bull
is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week ago

It is relatively common for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. But, it is not normal to have diarrhea 11 weeks after having puppies.

It would be a good idea to have your vet examine a stool sample for parasites. It's not a bad idea to do a treatment of Dewormer and then repeat it again in 2 weeks time.

However, there are some parasites that can need prescription medications in order to be cleared up.

There are a number of other things that can cause diarrhea including viruses, bacterial issues and more, so if the deworming doesn't work (or if she is really not feeling well) then a vet visit is the best idea.

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (12115 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (22132 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (6186 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (44998 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (8343 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (11560 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (12158 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (12489 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (9035 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (10802 views)