Diarrhea after having puppies.

Breed: pit bull
is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week ago

It is relatively common for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. But, it is not normal to have diarrhea 11 weeks after having puppies.

It would be a good idea to have your vet examine a stool sample for parasites. It's not a bad idea to do a treatment of Dewormer and then repeat it again in 2 weeks time.

However, there are some parasites that can need prescription medications in order to be cleared up.

There are a number of other things that can cause diarrhea including viruses, bacterial issues and more, so if the deworming doesn't work (or if she is really not feeling well) then a vet visit is the best idea.

Dehydrated and trouble breathing. I found my cat yesterday just lying on the ground, he can't lift his head, yesterday... (8254 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10431 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (10509 views)

Is my cat pregnant? we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or... (9449 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (11566 views)

Dog has horrible breath. How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like... (10341 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (8827 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (26930 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (42565 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (13642 views)