Diarrhea after having puppies.

Breed: pit bull
is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week ago

It is relatively common for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. But, it is not normal to have diarrhea 11 weeks after having puppies.

It would be a good idea to have your vet examine a stool sample for parasites. It's not a bad idea to do a treatment of Dewormer and then repeat it again in 2 weeks time.

However, there are some parasites that can need prescription medications in order to be cleared up.

There are a number of other things that can cause diarrhea including viruses, bacterial issues and more, so if the deworming doesn't work (or if she is really not feeling well) then a vet visit is the best idea.

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (28259 views)

Tumor grew back. Hello, Our cat Chester had a tumor removed, sarcoma, about the size of a large golf... (5522 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (11789 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (12120 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (22246 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (13148 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11543 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (16387 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (21593 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (15749 views)