Diarrhea after having puppies.

Breed: pit bull
is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week ago

It is relatively common for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. But, it is not normal to have diarrhea 11 weeks after having puppies.

It would be a good idea to have your vet examine a stool sample for parasites. It's not a bad idea to do a treatment of Dewormer and then repeat it again in 2 weeks time.

However, there are some parasites that can need prescription medications in order to be cleared up.

There are a number of other things that can cause diarrhea including viruses, bacterial issues and more, so if the deworming doesn't work (or if she is really not feeling well) then a vet visit is the best idea.

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (53423 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (29309 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (4975 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (74774 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (12130 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (22006 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (64970 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11591 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (13304 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (22757 views)