Diarrhea after having puppies.

Breed: pit bull
is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week ago

It is relatively common for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. But, it is not normal to have diarrhea 11 weeks after having puppies.

It would be a good idea to have your vet examine a stool sample for parasites. It's not a bad idea to do a treatment of Dewormer and then repeat it again in 2 weeks time.

However, there are some parasites that can need prescription medications in order to be cleared up.

There are a number of other things that can cause diarrhea including viruses, bacterial issues and more, so if the deworming doesn't work (or if she is really not feeling well) then a vet visit is the best idea.

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11155 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (42817 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (4833 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (5138 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (14668 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (7835 views)

Dime sized sore above eye. Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide... (16349 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (7558 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (15271 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8041 views)