Diarrhea after having puppies.

Breed: pit bull
is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week ago

It is relatively common for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. But, it is not normal to have diarrhea 11 weeks after having puppies.

It would be a good idea to have your vet examine a stool sample for parasites. It's not a bad idea to do a treatment of Dewormer and then repeat it again in 2 weeks time.

However, there are some parasites that can need prescription medications in order to be cleared up.

There are a number of other things that can cause diarrhea including viruses, bacterial issues and more, so if the deworming doesn't work (or if she is really not feeling well) then a vet visit is the best idea.

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11175 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (16189 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (9193 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6147 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6407 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4412 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (7861 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (23531 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (7155 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (6915 views)