Is Frontline working for fleas?

Breed: Pug
I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner said it didn't have fleas, it did. I inititally used BioSpot. Didn't do A THING. So I switched to FrontLine Plus when the vet gave me the a-okay. I bathed him before and having been using FrontLine Plus ever since. At first, I put down powder and sprayed some stuff. I periodically spray the flea home stuff around in the carpet/on beds, etc. I check for flea dirt using a flea comb or the furminator almost daily. But I still feel like I have fleas. It's January in Iowa and by now we've had our first frost. I haven't found any flea dirt on him or on this bedding (which I was weekly). However, this morning I found a little brown/black speck where he was laying, put it on toilet paper, rubbed it and it turned red/orange but it was the only speck I found. Am I overreacting? FYI I do have OCD and take medicine for it. I simply want a professional answer on the fleas. Thank you!

It sounds like you are doing the right things. One thing to know about fleas is that you will not be able to cure the problem instantly. When a dog has fleas, there will be flea eggs in your house. While vacuuming will help, it's not going to completely get rid of the fleas.

As the flea eggs hatch, they are amazing at seeking out a cat or dog to jump on. They can only reproduce if they get a blood meal from a cat or a dog. So, you need to keep treating monthly. Sometimes we can get rid of a problem in 3 months, but sometimes it can take 6. You need to be sure that every animal in the house is treated with a prescription product each month.

There are some parts of the world where Frontline is not working as well as it used to. I can't speak from experience because I practice in Canada where we do not have Frontline. But, you could ask your vet's opinion on the efficacy of Frontline in your area. If it is not working well, then you could switch to a product such as Comfortis, Revolution, Trifexis or Advantage.

For more information on fleas, you can check out this article that I wrote:
Help with flea problems.

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (7644 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (9456 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (8752 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (44430 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (16052 views)

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (5600 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (10007 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (19240 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (65186 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (14170 views)