Peeing in house.

Breed: Calico mix
My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about 12 years. We took her in 2 months ago and had this problem when we first brought her home. After separating her from our other cat she seemed fine, was eating again and using her litter box.
Now our other cat has decided she wants to be in the bedroom as well and the urinating on the bed has started again. This time she is also defecating on the bed.
At this point I am at my wits end. We've separated the cats again, making sure the other one stays in the living room.
Before when we first brought her home she was directly peeing on me while I was asleep and once while I was awake lying in bed, but it's always on the bed.
I don't know if she's marking her territory, she is fixed, both cats are. Or if she has a medical issue that I need to have her seen for.
Thank for you advice and I look forward to hearing back from you on how to solve this issue.
Ashley

This is always a tough issue to solve!

I get a lot of questions about this so I wrote an article about cats peeing in the house.. You will hopefully get some good tips there.

In Mini's case, because she is an older cat I would highly advise having your vet examine her. Older cats are prone to kidney disease and this can cause her to produce extra urine and have accidents in the house as well.

I hope the article helps!

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (52448 views)

Cat urinalysis. Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! My cat DB had a Urinalysis (by... (8434 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (12050 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (6293 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (12175 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (71701 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (12295 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (14383 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (25327 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (7482 views)