Peeing in house.

Breed: Calico mix
My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about 12 years. We took her in 2 months ago and had this problem when we first brought her home. After separating her from our other cat she seemed fine, was eating again and using her litter box.
Now our other cat has decided she wants to be in the bedroom as well and the urinating on the bed has started again. This time she is also defecating on the bed.
At this point I am at my wits end. We've separated the cats again, making sure the other one stays in the living room.
Before when we first brought her home she was directly peeing on me while I was asleep and once while I was awake lying in bed, but it's always on the bed.
I don't know if she's marking her territory, she is fixed, both cats are. Or if she has a medical issue that I need to have her seen for.
Thank for you advice and I look forward to hearing back from you on how to solve this issue.
Ashley

This is always a tough issue to solve!

I get a lot of questions about this so I wrote an article about cats peeing in the house.. You will hopefully get some good tips there.

In Mini's case, because she is an older cat I would highly advise having your vet examine her. Older cats are prone to kidney disease and this can cause her to produce extra urine and have accidents in the house as well.

I hope the article helps!

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (8453 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (17801 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (71618 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (14500 views)

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (8275 views)

Swollen face after tooth removal. Two months ago, Chuck (our elderly dog who's become more and more aggressive when... (31407 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (8835 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (16413 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (15513 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (12583 views)