Peeing in house.

Breed: Calico mix
My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about 12 years. We took her in 2 months ago and had this problem when we first brought her home. After separating her from our other cat she seemed fine, was eating again and using her litter box.
Now our other cat has decided she wants to be in the bedroom as well and the urinating on the bed has started again. This time she is also defecating on the bed.
At this point I am at my wits end. We've separated the cats again, making sure the other one stays in the living room.
Before when we first brought her home she was directly peeing on me while I was asleep and once while I was awake lying in bed, but it's always on the bed.
I don't know if she's marking her territory, she is fixed, both cats are. Or if she has a medical issue that I need to have her seen for.
Thank for you advice and I look forward to hearing back from you on how to solve this issue.
Ashley

This is always a tough issue to solve!

I get a lot of questions about this so I wrote an article about cats peeing in the house.. You will hopefully get some good tips there.

In Mini's case, because she is an older cat I would highly advise having your vet examine her. Older cats are prone to kidney disease and this can cause her to produce extra urine and have accidents in the house as well.

I hope the article helps!

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (12653 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (103937 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (17813 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7225 views)

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (33443 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (10673 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (9762 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (27810 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (19752 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (21852 views)