Peeing in house.

Breed: Calico mix
My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about 12 years. We took her in 2 months ago and had this problem when we first brought her home. After separating her from our other cat she seemed fine, was eating again and using her litter box.
Now our other cat has decided she wants to be in the bedroom as well and the urinating on the bed has started again. This time she is also defecating on the bed.
At this point I am at my wits end. We've separated the cats again, making sure the other one stays in the living room.
Before when we first brought her home she was directly peeing on me while I was asleep and once while I was awake lying in bed, but it's always on the bed.
I don't know if she's marking her territory, she is fixed, both cats are. Or if she has a medical issue that I need to have her seen for.
Thank for you advice and I look forward to hearing back from you on how to solve this issue.
Ashley

This is always a tough issue to solve!

I get a lot of questions about this so I wrote an article about cats peeing in the house.. You will hopefully get some good tips there.

In Mini's case, because she is an older cat I would highly advise having your vet examine her. Older cats are prone to kidney disease and this can cause her to produce extra urine and have accidents in the house as well.

I hope the article helps!

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (12254 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (15338 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (29985 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (15189 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (30733 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (10121 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (32497 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9710 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (19977 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (47371 views)