Peeing in house.

Breed: Calico mix
My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about 12 years. We took her in 2 months ago and had this problem when we first brought her home. After separating her from our other cat she seemed fine, was eating again and using her litter box.
Now our other cat has decided she wants to be in the bedroom as well and the urinating on the bed has started again. This time she is also defecating on the bed.
At this point I am at my wits end. We've separated the cats again, making sure the other one stays in the living room.
Before when we first brought her home she was directly peeing on me while I was asleep and once while I was awake lying in bed, but it's always on the bed.
I don't know if she's marking her territory, she is fixed, both cats are. Or if she has a medical issue that I need to have her seen for.
Thank for you advice and I look forward to hearing back from you on how to solve this issue.
Ashley

This is always a tough issue to solve!

I get a lot of questions about this so I wrote an article about cats peeing in the house.. You will hopefully get some good tips there.

In Mini's case, because she is an older cat I would highly advise having your vet examine her. Older cats are prone to kidney disease and this can cause her to produce extra urine and have accidents in the house as well.

I hope the article helps!

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (21726 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (7614 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (31978 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (15823 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (27335 views)

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (19869 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (65492 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (8137 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (20789 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (7419 views)