Bump on ribcage.

Breed: seal point himalayan
Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where her ribcage meets in the center, I never noticed it before, and she doesn't seem to be in pain or it bothering her. I don't know if it was there before or if it just appeared. I'm worried that my 2 year old could have hurt her when i wasn't looking, but if it was a broken rib or something like that I'm sure she wouldn't be jumping around playing and would seem to be in some sort of pain? She also doesn't seem to mind when you touch it. I read online that a dog had that and it was a bone deformity? could that be a possibility? Thanks for your help
Jen

This is a tough question to answer without actually examining Willow. However, I think there is a good chance that this is nothing to worry about. I have seen a number of animals that have a slight out-turn of a rib (or more than one rib) right where you described - at the center of the body. If so, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

If this were an injury it would definitely be painful.
I would not be worried about this at all. Now perhaps if it is getting significantly larger or painful then I would have the vet take a look, but I would be surprised if that happens.

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (7648 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (22267 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (10589 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (6460 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (17181 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (25740 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (8354 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (49219 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (36998 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (7561 views)