Bump on ribcage.

Breed: seal point himalayan
Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where her ribcage meets in the center, I never noticed it before, and she doesn't seem to be in pain or it bothering her. I don't know if it was there before or if it just appeared. I'm worried that my 2 year old could have hurt her when i wasn't looking, but if it was a broken rib or something like that I'm sure she wouldn't be jumping around playing and would seem to be in some sort of pain? She also doesn't seem to mind when you touch it. I read online that a dog had that and it was a bone deformity? could that be a possibility? Thanks for your help
Jen

This is a tough question to answer without actually examining Willow. However, I think there is a good chance that this is nothing to worry about. I have seen a number of animals that have a slight out-turn of a rib (or more than one rib) right where you described - at the center of the body. If so, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

If this were an injury it would definitely be painful.
I would not be worried about this at all. Now perhaps if it is getting significantly larger or painful then I would have the vet take a look, but I would be surprised if that happens.

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (22563 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (33503 views)

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (7247 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (7311 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (10803 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (16933 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (6787 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (7175 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (17456 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (5330 views)