Bump on ribcage.

Breed: seal point himalayan
Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where her ribcage meets in the center, I never noticed it before, and she doesn't seem to be in pain or it bothering her. I don't know if it was there before or if it just appeared. I'm worried that my 2 year old could have hurt her when i wasn't looking, but if it was a broken rib or something like that I'm sure she wouldn't be jumping around playing and would seem to be in some sort of pain? She also doesn't seem to mind when you touch it. I read online that a dog had that and it was a bone deformity? could that be a possibility? Thanks for your help
Jen

This is a tough question to answer without actually examining Willow. However, I think there is a good chance that this is nothing to worry about. I have seen a number of animals that have a slight out-turn of a rib (or more than one rib) right where you described - at the center of the body. If so, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

If this were an injury it would definitely be painful.
I would not be worried about this at all. Now perhaps if it is getting significantly larger or painful then I would have the vet take a look, but I would be surprised if that happens.

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (11293 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (10540 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (15917 views)

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (15518 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (32638 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (7481 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (11443 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (7755 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (8344 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7829 views)