Bump on ribcage.

Breed: seal point himalayan
Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where her ribcage meets in the center, I never noticed it before, and she doesn't seem to be in pain or it bothering her. I don't know if it was there before or if it just appeared. I'm worried that my 2 year old could have hurt her when i wasn't looking, but if it was a broken rib or something like that I'm sure she wouldn't be jumping around playing and would seem to be in some sort of pain? She also doesn't seem to mind when you touch it. I read online that a dog had that and it was a bone deformity? could that be a possibility? Thanks for your help
Jen

This is a tough question to answer without actually examining Willow. However, I think there is a good chance that this is nothing to worry about. I have seen a number of animals that have a slight out-turn of a rib (or more than one rib) right where you described - at the center of the body. If so, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

If this were an injury it would definitely be painful.
I would not be worried about this at all. Now perhaps if it is getting significantly larger or painful then I would have the vet take a look, but I would be surprised if that happens.

Large black mole on dog. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m kind of worried because my dog, a Labrador retriever he has... (34971 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (7827 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (22247 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (10286 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (17865 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (12510 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (12704 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (12823 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (26760 views)

Vomiting, quiet cat. My 5 year old cat starting vomiting on Sunday - a few times and then vomited clear... (18285 views)