Bump on ribcage.

Breed: seal point himalayan
Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where her ribcage meets in the center, I never noticed it before, and she doesn't seem to be in pain or it bothering her. I don't know if it was there before or if it just appeared. I'm worried that my 2 year old could have hurt her when i wasn't looking, but if it was a broken rib or something like that I'm sure she wouldn't be jumping around playing and would seem to be in some sort of pain? She also doesn't seem to mind when you touch it. I read online that a dog had that and it was a bone deformity? could that be a possibility? Thanks for your help
Jen

This is a tough question to answer without actually examining Willow. However, I think there is a good chance that this is nothing to worry about. I have seen a number of animals that have a slight out-turn of a rib (or more than one rib) right where you described - at the center of the body. If so, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

If this were an injury it would definitely be painful.
I would not be worried about this at all. Now perhaps if it is getting significantly larger or painful then I would have the vet take a look, but I would be surprised if that happens.

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (16685 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (7452 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (40394 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (14132 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (8942 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (22420 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (11590 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (10687 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (17742 views)

Swollen face after tooth removal. Two months ago, Chuck (our elderly dog who's become more and more aggressive when... (26696 views)