White spot on eye.

Breed: Short Hair
My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is it suspended in the "globe". It seems superficial, but I am still worried. It does not seem to bother her, and she has had no change in behavior.

A picture can be seen at this link:
http://i.imgur.com/lETLi.jpg

The spot in question is in her left eye (on the right side of the picture)

Thank you so much,

Jen

Hi there. I've cropped your photo so I could see the spot better:

spot on cat's eye

While I can't say for certain, this is probably nothing to get worried about.

Do you know if Niko has ever had an injury in this eye? A spot like this could be the result of scarring from a previous injury. If this is the case it is nothing to worry about.

We sometimes see deposits of calcium or fat in the cornea. It's more common in a dog, but could happen in cats as well. It's not a bad idea to have your vet run a blood panel just to see if anything is off. I have had some animals where we did this and found out that the cat/dog was producing too much calcium. If this is the case then the animal can be prone to more serious issues like bladder stones. Or, if there is too much fat (lipid) in the system then the cat could be at risk for pancreatitis or fatty liver.

With that being said, this is likely nothing.

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (18358 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (10227 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (6094 views)

Yorkie with Possible Pyometra. have a 7 year old female Yorkie that has been limp and despondent for 3 days. She... (13444 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (20811 views)

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (27345 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (19568 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (11562 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (7688 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (7492 views)