White spot on eye.

Breed: Short Hair
My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is it suspended in the "globe". It seems superficial, but I am still worried. It does not seem to bother her, and she has had no change in behavior.

A picture can be seen at this link:
http://i.imgur.com/lETLi.jpg

The spot in question is in her left eye (on the right side of the picture)

Thank you so much,

Jen

Hi there. I've cropped your photo so I could see the spot better:

spot on cat's eye

While I can't say for certain, this is probably nothing to get worried about.

Do you know if Niko has ever had an injury in this eye? A spot like this could be the result of scarring from a previous injury. If this is the case it is nothing to worry about.

We sometimes see deposits of calcium or fat in the cornea. It's more common in a dog, but could happen in cats as well. It's not a bad idea to have your vet run a blood panel just to see if anything is off. I have had some animals where we did this and found out that the cat/dog was producing too much calcium. If this is the case then the animal can be prone to more serious issues like bladder stones. Or, if there is too much fat (lipid) in the system then the cat could be at risk for pancreatitis or fatty liver.

With that being said, this is likely nothing.

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (11397 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32469 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (12326 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (18854 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (12995 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (12076 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11413 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (10318 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (33034 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16599 views)