White spot on eye.

Breed: Short Hair
My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is it suspended in the "globe". It seems superficial, but I am still worried. It does not seem to bother her, and she has had no change in behavior.

A picture can be seen at this link:
http://i.imgur.com/lETLi.jpg

The spot in question is in her left eye (on the right side of the picture)

Thank you so much,

Jen

Hi there. I've cropped your photo so I could see the spot better:

spot on cat's eye

While I can't say for certain, this is probably nothing to get worried about.

Do you know if Niko has ever had an injury in this eye? A spot like this could be the result of scarring from a previous injury. If this is the case it is nothing to worry about.

We sometimes see deposits of calcium or fat in the cornea. It's more common in a dog, but could happen in cats as well. It's not a bad idea to have your vet run a blood panel just to see if anything is off. I have had some animals where we did this and found out that the cat/dog was producing too much calcium. If this is the case then the animal can be prone to more serious issues like bladder stones. Or, if there is too much fat (lipid) in the system then the cat could be at risk for pancreatitis or fatty liver.

With that being said, this is likely nothing.

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (10090 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (39126 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (17915 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (4837 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8425 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (14775 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (7625 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (8099 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (6617 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (44968 views)