White spot on eye.

Breed: Short Hair
My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is it suspended in the "globe". It seems superficial, but I am still worried. It does not seem to bother her, and she has had no change in behavior.

A picture can be seen at this link:
http://i.imgur.com/lETLi.jpg

The spot in question is in her left eye (on the right side of the picture)

Thank you so much,

Jen

Hi there. I've cropped your photo so I could see the spot better:

spot on cat's eye

While I can't say for certain, this is probably nothing to get worried about.

Do you know if Niko has ever had an injury in this eye? A spot like this could be the result of scarring from a previous injury. If this is the case it is nothing to worry about.

We sometimes see deposits of calcium or fat in the cornea. It's more common in a dog, but could happen in cats as well. It's not a bad idea to have your vet run a blood panel just to see if anything is off. I have had some animals where we did this and found out that the cat/dog was producing too much calcium. If this is the case then the animal can be prone to more serious issues like bladder stones. Or, if there is too much fat (lipid) in the system then the cat could be at risk for pancreatitis or fatty liver.

With that being said, this is likely nothing.

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (18919 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (24135 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (8093 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (8094 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (15981 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (5565 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (14562 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (6777 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (4944 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (8613 views)