White spot on eye.

Breed: Short Hair
My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is it suspended in the "globe". It seems superficial, but I am still worried. It does not seem to bother her, and she has had no change in behavior.

A picture can be seen at this link:
http://i.imgur.com/lETLi.jpg

The spot in question is in her left eye (on the right side of the picture)

Thank you so much,

Jen

Hi there. I've cropped your photo so I could see the spot better:

spot on cat's eye

While I can't say for certain, this is probably nothing to get worried about.

Do you know if Niko has ever had an injury in this eye? A spot like this could be the result of scarring from a previous injury. If this is the case it is nothing to worry about.

We sometimes see deposits of calcium or fat in the cornea. It's more common in a dog, but could happen in cats as well. It's not a bad idea to have your vet run a blood panel just to see if anything is off. I have had some animals where we did this and found out that the cat/dog was producing too much calcium. If this is the case then the animal can be prone to more serious issues like bladder stones. Or, if there is too much fat (lipid) in the system then the cat could be at risk for pancreatitis or fatty liver.

With that being said, this is likely nothing.

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (40467 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (35122 views)

Cat with pseudomonas infection. Sorry to bother you again. I wrote to you abt Shakey who has Pseudomas bacteria... (11313 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (9751 views)

Cat with broken pelvis-not eating. My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed,... (12381 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (33617 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (8247 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (10946 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (9357 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (20763 views)