Dog had large tumor and died.

Breed: yellow lab
Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her own Thursday and when we found her and brought her to our vet, the x-ray showed a mass in her abdominal area that prevented us from seeing her stomach. We brought her home(we couldn't leave her overnight by herself) after giving her a shot of morphine. We were told that she wouldn't live through the night. How could we not have known about this prior? We had her on sterroids for breathing difficulties, and were told that the meds were the cause of her gas. Is this common in dogs? I even thought it could have been parvo disease, which concerns me because we also have another 8 year old dog.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Jessie.

I have had many cases of dogs who were hiding massive abdominal tumors. They often don't show any symptoms until it gets too large or ruptures. In many cases, even when we palpate the abdomen we can't feel it, especially in a large dog like a lab.

The symptoms don't sound at all like parvo virus. It doesn't sound like you need to worry about your other dog. There really isn't anything that can cause an abdominal tumor that is contagious from dog to dog.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Jessie.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (24583 views)

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (16372 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (27536 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (9331 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (18720 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (21890 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (71245 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (13582 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (13565 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (7411 views)