Hot spot on head.

Breed: retriever chowx
My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has recently been around a dog that had the same type of spot on her head that spread over herentire head. Is this normal to get hot spots on the head or is there other reasons?

This definitely doesn't sound normal!

A hotspot is a localized area of skin infection. I usually treat them with oral antibiotics as well as steroids to help with the itch.

They really aren't contagious from dog to dog so it must be coincidental that both dogs got them.

Alternatively, it could be a fungal infection called ringworm which definitely is contagious from dog to dog.

It sounds like he should be checked out by a vet soon. If this is a hot spot they can rapidly increase in size if not treated fast enough.

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (12371 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (13771 views)

Cat shaking after flea treatment. I accidentally treated my kitten with a store bought flea treatment meant for dogs... (30138 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (15795 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (9028 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (12328 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (9738 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (9445 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (82571 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (59422 views)