Is my cat in heat?

Breed: cat
i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat many times already i have noticed the past few months that she meows really loud and constantly only at night and i wasn't sure if that was due to her being in heat. I recently had a baby he came home from the hospital 3 weeks ago and the cat has been peeing on almost everything since then instead of using her litter box there was never a problem before but now it's all the time it is mainly all of the baby's belongings but some other things too. she is also rubbing her body on the furniture and brushing her face on everything too. she isn't spayed but i need to know if that could solve the problem or if it's behavioral and there is nothing we can do. we have made sure her litter box is clean but she isn't using it. please help.

I would definitely advise having Cleo spayed as soon as possible! Everything you have described fits with her being in heat. Here are some signs that a cat is in heat:

• Constant meowing

• Chirping noises

• Rubbing on things

• Walking around with her bum in the air

• Unwanted behaviors (such as peeing on things

Cats can go in and out of heat every few days sometimes. They are not like dogs who come in to heat approximately every 6 months.

There is no guarantee that the urinating will stop once she is spayed but I would say that there is a 95% chance that it will.

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (5388 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (6730 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (13791 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (7316 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (37720 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (10096 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (9444 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (10317 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (10633 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (13358 views)