Is my cat in heat?

Breed: cat
i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat many times already i have noticed the past few months that she meows really loud and constantly only at night and i wasn't sure if that was due to her being in heat. I recently had a baby he came home from the hospital 3 weeks ago and the cat has been peeing on almost everything since then instead of using her litter box there was never a problem before but now it's all the time it is mainly all of the baby's belongings but some other things too. she is also rubbing her body on the furniture and brushing her face on everything too. she isn't spayed but i need to know if that could solve the problem or if it's behavioral and there is nothing we can do. we have made sure her litter box is clean but she isn't using it. please help.

I would definitely advise having Cleo spayed as soon as possible! Everything you have described fits with her being in heat. Here are some signs that a cat is in heat:

• Constant meowing

• Chirping noises

• Rubbing on things

• Walking around with her bum in the air

• Unwanted behaviors (such as peeing on things

Cats can go in and out of heat every few days sometimes. They are not like dogs who come in to heat approximately every 6 months.

There is no guarantee that the urinating will stop once she is spayed but I would say that there is a 95% chance that it will.

Cat has swollen foot. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (6170 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (23066 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (9265 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (35364 views)

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (5276 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (56220 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (14568 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (21148 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (6475 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (48455 views)