Is my cat in heat?

Breed: cat
i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat many times already i have noticed the past few months that she meows really loud and constantly only at night and i wasn't sure if that was due to her being in heat. I recently had a baby he came home from the hospital 3 weeks ago and the cat has been peeing on almost everything since then instead of using her litter box there was never a problem before but now it's all the time it is mainly all of the baby's belongings but some other things too. she is also rubbing her body on the furniture and brushing her face on everything too. she isn't spayed but i need to know if that could solve the problem or if it's behavioral and there is nothing we can do. we have made sure her litter box is clean but she isn't using it. please help.

I would definitely advise having Cleo spayed as soon as possible! Everything you have described fits with her being in heat. Here are some signs that a cat is in heat:

• Constant meowing

• Chirping noises

• Rubbing on things

• Walking around with her bum in the air

• Unwanted behaviors (such as peeing on things

Cats can go in and out of heat every few days sometimes. They are not like dogs who come in to heat approximately every 6 months.

There is no guarantee that the urinating will stop once she is spayed but I would say that there is a 95% chance that it will.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (13152 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (7257 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (43072 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (17728 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (4219 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (27187 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (21300 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (6121 views)

Swollen ankle in my dog. My Labrador has the right back leg ankle joint bigger than his left one. 15 days ago... (6476 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (7599 views)