Is my cat in heat?

Breed: cat
i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat many times already i have noticed the past few months that she meows really loud and constantly only at night and i wasn't sure if that was due to her being in heat. I recently had a baby he came home from the hospital 3 weeks ago and the cat has been peeing on almost everything since then instead of using her litter box there was never a problem before but now it's all the time it is mainly all of the baby's belongings but some other things too. she is also rubbing her body on the furniture and brushing her face on everything too. she isn't spayed but i need to know if that could solve the problem or if it's behavioral and there is nothing we can do. we have made sure her litter box is clean but she isn't using it. please help.

I would definitely advise having Cleo spayed as soon as possible! Everything you have described fits with her being in heat. Here are some signs that a cat is in heat:

• Constant meowing

• Chirping noises

• Rubbing on things

• Walking around with her bum in the air

• Unwanted behaviors (such as peeing on things

Cats can go in and out of heat every few days sometimes. They are not like dogs who come in to heat approximately every 6 months.

There is no guarantee that the urinating will stop once she is spayed but I would say that there is a 95% chance that it will.

Rectovaginal fistula. We have a litter of 4 wk old Doberman puppies being bottle raised because mom was... (13337 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (22271 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (12698 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (30184 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (15815 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (16473 views)

Should tumor be removed? Hello there. My dog has a hard lump on his hind leg, which is about the size of a... (7416 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (44436 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (26818 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (11834 views)