Is my cat in heat?

Breed: cat
i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat many times already i have noticed the past few months that she meows really loud and constantly only at night and i wasn't sure if that was due to her being in heat. I recently had a baby he came home from the hospital 3 weeks ago and the cat has been peeing on almost everything since then instead of using her litter box there was never a problem before but now it's all the time it is mainly all of the baby's belongings but some other things too. she is also rubbing her body on the furniture and brushing her face on everything too. she isn't spayed but i need to know if that could solve the problem or if it's behavioral and there is nothing we can do. we have made sure her litter box is clean but she isn't using it. please help.

I would definitely advise having Cleo spayed as soon as possible! Everything you have described fits with her being in heat. Here are some signs that a cat is in heat:

• Constant meowing

• Chirping noises

• Rubbing on things

• Walking around with her bum in the air

• Unwanted behaviors (such as peeing on things

Cats can go in and out of heat every few days sometimes. They are not like dogs who come in to heat approximately every 6 months.

There is no guarantee that the urinating will stop once she is spayed but I would say that there is a 95% chance that it will.

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (15566 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (6599 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (20956 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (53839 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (22555 views)

Pink lump on puppy's belly. Dr, I noticed a wart-like bump on Max's abdomen. I am sending along... (70250 views)

I'm out of prednisone. Sammy has been on 2.5mg of prednisone per day for the past two years for... (13577 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (6983 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (8833 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (6501 views)