Time for euthanasia.

Breed: Maltese
Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and Diabetes (6 units insulin 2x day)and chronic skin rashes. He also has a significant heart murmer. He has great difficulty walking due to extreme weakness & shaking in his hind legs. I keep him diapered most of the time because he generally doesn't make it outside in time to poop. He will just poop in the diaper and lay that way until I get home and take him out. He does not seem to be in any pain, still has a good appetite, and is fairly alert; however I get the sense that it may be close to time to have him euthanized, but am having considerable difficulty making that decision. Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear about your hard decision. This is a question I get asked frequently. Here is another post in which I describe my criteria to help decide on euthanasia:

When is it time for euthanasia.

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (6794 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (6261 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (16105 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (17163 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (8617 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (8048 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (16299 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (9730 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (8325 views)

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (12278 views)