Time for euthanasia.

Breed: Maltese
Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and Diabetes (6 units insulin 2x day)and chronic skin rashes. He also has a significant heart murmer. He has great difficulty walking due to extreme weakness & shaking in his hind legs. I keep him diapered most of the time because he generally doesn't make it outside in time to poop. He will just poop in the diaper and lay that way until I get home and take him out. He does not seem to be in any pain, still has a good appetite, and is fairly alert; however I get the sense that it may be close to time to have him euthanized, but am having considerable difficulty making that decision. Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear about your hard decision. This is a question I get asked frequently. Here is another post in which I describe my criteria to help decide on euthanasia:

When is it time for euthanasia.

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4484 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (68681 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (26066 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5461 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (5473 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (10227 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8500 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (10113 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (5808 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (7815 views)