Time for euthanasia.

Breed: Maltese
Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and Diabetes (6 units insulin 2x day)and chronic skin rashes. He also has a significant heart murmer. He has great difficulty walking due to extreme weakness & shaking in his hind legs. I keep him diapered most of the time because he generally doesn't make it outside in time to poop. He will just poop in the diaper and lay that way until I get home and take him out. He does not seem to be in any pain, still has a good appetite, and is fairly alert; however I get the sense that it may be close to time to have him euthanized, but am having considerable difficulty making that decision. Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear about your hard decision. This is a question I get asked frequently. Here is another post in which I describe my criteria to help decide on euthanasia:

When is it time for euthanasia.

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (6871 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (16156 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (50701 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (11693 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (11405 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (5882 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (8370 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (9860 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (35011 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (11442 views)