Time for euthanasia.

Breed: Maltese
Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and Diabetes (6 units insulin 2x day)and chronic skin rashes. He also has a significant heart murmer. He has great difficulty walking due to extreme weakness & shaking in his hind legs. I keep him diapered most of the time because he generally doesn't make it outside in time to poop. He will just poop in the diaper and lay that way until I get home and take him out. He does not seem to be in any pain, still has a good appetite, and is fairly alert; however I get the sense that it may be close to time to have him euthanized, but am having considerable difficulty making that decision. Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear about your hard decision. This is a question I get asked frequently. Here is another post in which I describe my criteria to help decide on euthanasia:

When is it time for euthanasia.

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (6970 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (15352 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (23959 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (11086 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (46271 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7071 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (10618 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5323 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (6138 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (15448 views)