Skinny 19 year old cat.

Breed: Taby cat
Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have a hamster, a rat and a guinea pig! He is vomiting and pooping every where! Is there something I can do?

Hi Sara...sounds like a vet visit is in store for Albert. When an older cat is losing weight, vomiting and having accidents in the house there is usually a medical problem.

It's possible that he has hyperthyrodism, kidney disease or a number of other conditions.

I would advise a visit soon as most diseases that older cats get can be treated well if we catch them early enough.

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (11268 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (53768 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (21844 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9245 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (15567 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (79788 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (6185 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (6686 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (7491 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (11300 views)