Skinny 19 year old cat.

Breed: Taby cat
Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have a hamster, a rat and a guinea pig! He is vomiting and pooping every where! Is there something I can do?

Hi Sara...sounds like a vet visit is in store for Albert. When an older cat is losing weight, vomiting and having accidents in the house there is usually a medical problem.

It's possible that he has hyperthyrodism, kidney disease or a number of other conditions.

I would advise a visit soon as most diseases that older cats get can be treated well if we catch them early enough.

Phenobarbital and Zonisamide. Ziggy had cluster seizures as a puppy and we have been controlling them (averages... (8591 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7874 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (12011 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (12917 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (8893 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (52331 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (14935 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (19100 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (17501 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13810 views)