Peeing in house.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in her life. When she was younger and before she was spayed she would pee everywhere and was skittish. Once she was older she mellowed out but still pees and even poops outside the litter box. She will use it occasionally but not consistently. She does have a favorite place to pee which is the stairs right now but will pee elsewhere and poop anywhere. We have tried different litter boxes, different litter, different locations different amounts of litter. She is healthy and an indoor cat. We have two male cats as well but she gets along great with both of them. I just can't figure out the problem or a solution. My mom is getting fed up having to constantly clean after her. What could possibly be the problem?

You may find your answer in this article that I wrote a while back:

Why is my cat peeing in the house?

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (6737 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (10292 views)

Kitten's eye is sealed shut. My kitten got either calici virus or the herpes virus and it affected one eye. For... (17472 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6167 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (42988 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (19638 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (7744 views)

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (14100 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (7953 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4386 views)