Peeing in house.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in her life. When she was younger and before she was spayed she would pee everywhere and was skittish. Once she was older she mellowed out but still pees and even poops outside the litter box. She will use it occasionally but not consistently. She does have a favorite place to pee which is the stairs right now but will pee elsewhere and poop anywhere. We have tried different litter boxes, different litter, different locations different amounts of litter. She is healthy and an indoor cat. We have two male cats as well but she gets along great with both of them. I just can't figure out the problem or a solution. My mom is getting fed up having to constantly clean after her. What could possibly be the problem?

You may find your answer in this article that I wrote a while back:

Why is my cat peeing in the house?

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (14082 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (20507 views)

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (5912 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (42798 views)

Vomiting due to virus? Hello Dr.Marie. Okay so my 14 year old cat smokey has been going threw some... (17311 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (14527 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (16230 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (18587 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (12732 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (15036 views)