Peeing in house.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in her life. When she was younger and before she was spayed she would pee everywhere and was skittish. Once she was older she mellowed out but still pees and even poops outside the litter box. She will use it occasionally but not consistently. She does have a favorite place to pee which is the stairs right now but will pee elsewhere and poop anywhere. We have tried different litter boxes, different litter, different locations different amounts of litter. She is healthy and an indoor cat. We have two male cats as well but she gets along great with both of them. I just can't figure out the problem or a solution. My mom is getting fed up having to constantly clean after her. What could possibly be the problem?

You may find your answer in this article that I wrote a while back:

Why is my cat peeing in the house?

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (11426 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4902 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (14068 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (13077 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (17072 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8977 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (19471 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (9109 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (9826 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (20842 views)