Peeing in house.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in her life. When she was younger and before she was spayed she would pee everywhere and was skittish. Once she was older she mellowed out but still pees and even poops outside the litter box. She will use it occasionally but not consistently. She does have a favorite place to pee which is the stairs right now but will pee elsewhere and poop anywhere. We have tried different litter boxes, different litter, different locations different amounts of litter. She is healthy and an indoor cat. We have two male cats as well but she gets along great with both of them. I just can't figure out the problem or a solution. My mom is getting fed up having to constantly clean after her. What could possibly be the problem?

You may find your answer in this article that I wrote a while back:

Why is my cat peeing in the house?

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (13927 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (38231 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (26508 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (14093 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (15081 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (80006 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (32541 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (8518 views)

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (11130 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (166939 views)