Peeing in house.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in her life. When she was younger and before she was spayed she would pee everywhere and was skittish. Once she was older she mellowed out but still pees and even poops outside the litter box. She will use it occasionally but not consistently. She does have a favorite place to pee which is the stairs right now but will pee elsewhere and poop anywhere. We have tried different litter boxes, different litter, different locations different amounts of litter. She is healthy and an indoor cat. We have two male cats as well but she gets along great with both of them. I just can't figure out the problem or a solution. My mom is getting fed up having to constantly clean after her. What could possibly be the problem?

You may find your answer in this article that I wrote a while back:

Why is my cat peeing in the house?

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (17431 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (15102 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (18335 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (16381 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (10497 views)

Renal failure. Dear Dr. Marie, My 10 year old Yorkie Bobo has been diagnosed with chronic kidney... (16020 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (16064 views)

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (25746 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (25909 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8963 views)