Peeing in house.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in her life. When she was younger and before she was spayed she would pee everywhere and was skittish. Once she was older she mellowed out but still pees and even poops outside the litter box. She will use it occasionally but not consistently. She does have a favorite place to pee which is the stairs right now but will pee elsewhere and poop anywhere. We have tried different litter boxes, different litter, different locations different amounts of litter. She is healthy and an indoor cat. We have two male cats as well but she gets along great with both of them. I just can't figure out the problem or a solution. My mom is getting fed up having to constantly clean after her. What could possibly be the problem?

You may find your answer in this article that I wrote a while back:

Why is my cat peeing in the house?

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (11442 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (8018 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (10517 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (14849 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7810 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (6571 views)

Lumps on hips. My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at... (15092 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (9711 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9255 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6077 views)