Peeing in house.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in her life. When she was younger and before she was spayed she would pee everywhere and was skittish. Once she was older she mellowed out but still pees and even poops outside the litter box. She will use it occasionally but not consistently. She does have a favorite place to pee which is the stairs right now but will pee elsewhere and poop anywhere. We have tried different litter boxes, different litter, different locations different amounts of litter. She is healthy and an indoor cat. We have two male cats as well but she gets along great with both of them. I just can't figure out the problem or a solution. My mom is getting fed up having to constantly clean after her. What could possibly be the problem?

You may find your answer in this article that I wrote a while back:

Why is my cat peeing in the house?

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11596 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (12588 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13422 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (10029 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7626 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8418 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (16654 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (7266 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (10573 views)

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (34080 views)