Meowing all the time? pain?

Breed: Short Haired
Hi Dr. Marie
Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops. He has been bleeding from his nose and eye and the medication seems to not be helping anymore because he has been on it for so long (the vet said that might happen) Recently he has been meowing constantly, he has short and long meows and doesn't stop no matter what we do. He used to always be around us but now he seems to lay on the bathroom floor and only spend time with us when we go to bed. He is still purring, but doesn't really seem to be moving around alot. He is also still eating and drinking! Our main concern is that he is in pain because he never really used to meow that much.
Thanks so much
Kayleen and Dave

Oh, I am sorry that Fat Cat is having problems.

Chronic respiratory issues can be frustrating.

The fact that he is still eating and drinking is really good. Usually if a cat is in pain then their appetite will decrease.

Sometimes, when a cat is meowing more than usual it can mean that there is an issue with blood pressure. It would be a great idea to have your vet check his blood pressure and see if it is high. If so, medication may help.

Another possibility which may be hard to diagnose is the presence of a tumor in the brain. This could cause the bleeding from the nose and eye and could account for the meowing. Sometimes an xray can give us hints of a brain tumor, but often an MRI is needed which can be very pricey.

If your vet finds that his blood pressure is normal they may consider trying him on some steroids to see if this can help reduce brain swelling.

I really hope he is ok!

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (10488 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (8711 views)

Weakness in legs and thirsty. Dear Dr. Marie, Sammy has been having weakness in hind legs,difficulty standing... (11088 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (9250 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (27537 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (61593 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (13771 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (11105 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (12441 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (26480 views)