Thiamine deficiency?

Breed: Sealpoint Siamese
My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the deficiency always reversible? I believe that my cat has been deficient for more than 3 weeks. He has also lost 1 lb in 3 months time and is loosing his hair. The hair loss does not appear to be an allergy--no itching or flaking of skin, no excessive grooming. Do vitamin B shots seem like a good idea for him to get him back on the right track or is just changing his food sufficient?

You may want to check out this FAQ that I wrote here:

Symptoms of Thiamine Deficiency.

If your cat is still eating ok, then changing the food will be sufficient.

If he's not eating then he will need veterinary care which likely will include some vitamin B injections.

If things aren't improving then there may be another issue going on other than thiamine deficiency!

Hope he does ok!

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (26493 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (9900 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18721 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (15866 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13840 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26656 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8320 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (17250 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (8459 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (6366 views)