Thiamine deficiency?

Breed: Sealpoint Siamese
My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the deficiency always reversible? I believe that my cat has been deficient for more than 3 weeks. He has also lost 1 lb in 3 months time and is loosing his hair. The hair loss does not appear to be an allergy--no itching or flaking of skin, no excessive grooming. Do vitamin B shots seem like a good idea for him to get him back on the right track or is just changing his food sufficient?

You may want to check out this FAQ that I wrote here:

Symptoms of Thiamine Deficiency.

If your cat is still eating ok, then changing the food will be sufficient.

If he's not eating then he will need veterinary care which likely will include some vitamin B injections.

If things aren't improving then there may be another issue going on other than thiamine deficiency!

Hope he does ok!

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (10657 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (15472 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (12825 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (12416 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (6574 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7769 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8553 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (34795 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (8378 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (67692 views)