Thiamine deficiency?

Breed: Sealpoint Siamese
My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the deficiency always reversible? I believe that my cat has been deficient for more than 3 weeks. He has also lost 1 lb in 3 months time and is loosing his hair. The hair loss does not appear to be an allergy--no itching or flaking of skin, no excessive grooming. Do vitamin B shots seem like a good idea for him to get him back on the right track or is just changing his food sufficient?

You may want to check out this FAQ that I wrote here:

Symptoms of Thiamine Deficiency.

If your cat is still eating ok, then changing the food will be sufficient.

If he's not eating then he will need veterinary care which likely will include some vitamin B injections.

If things aren't improving then there may be another issue going on other than thiamine deficiency!

Hope he does ok!

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (17573 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (33764 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (35959 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (21362 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (12567 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (9721 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (10214 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (14060 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (5749 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (7565 views)