Dog has wound under arm.

Breed: Bichon shihzu
I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm?
It is just enough on her side that she can lick it and just enough on her stomach that any ointment or anything I put on it, gets all over the furniture. It's right next to her armpit, so it is in quite an awkward area and I'm not sure how to go about covering it.

If your dog has a wound that is not healing on its own then it really does need veterinary attention.

It's possible that the wound is infected. If this is the case, then it is unlikely that any cream or ointment will work. Rather, Jazzy will need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It's also possible that there is a foreign object stuck in there. If that's the case then the wound won't heal until it comes out.

Hopefully things improve soon! And hopefully you can have a vet see your dog soon!

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (5972 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (12373 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (7804 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (46434 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (14132 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (8945 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (27569 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (12449 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (9067 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (13781 views)