Dog has wound under arm.

Breed: Bichon shihzu
I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm?
It is just enough on her side that she can lick it and just enough on her stomach that any ointment or anything I put on it, gets all over the furniture. It's right next to her armpit, so it is in quite an awkward area and I'm not sure how to go about covering it.

If your dog has a wound that is not healing on its own then it really does need veterinary attention.

It's possible that the wound is infected. If this is the case, then it is unlikely that any cream or ointment will work. Rather, Jazzy will need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It's also possible that there is a foreign object stuck in there. If that's the case then the wound won't heal until it comes out.

Hopefully things improve soon! And hopefully you can have a vet see your dog soon!

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12134 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (50227 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (75738 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (29253 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (12192 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (7066 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11671 views)

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (102409 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9675 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (20155 views)