Dog has wound under arm.

Breed: Bichon shihzu
I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm?
It is just enough on her side that she can lick it and just enough on her stomach that any ointment or anything I put on it, gets all over the furniture. It's right next to her armpit, so it is in quite an awkward area and I'm not sure how to go about covering it.

If your dog has a wound that is not healing on its own then it really does need veterinary attention.

It's possible that the wound is infected. If this is the case, then it is unlikely that any cream or ointment will work. Rather, Jazzy will need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It's also possible that there is a foreign object stuck in there. If that's the case then the wound won't heal until it comes out.

Hopefully things improve soon! And hopefully you can have a vet see your dog soon!

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9429 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (21335 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (10745 views)

Infected wound? Hi, my cat is indoor and outdoor (she has the face of an Egyptian Mau & its head... (3295 views)

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (21757 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5435 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (68214 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (8114 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (11078 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7585 views)