Dog has wound under arm.

Breed: Bichon shihzu
I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm?
It is just enough on her side that she can lick it and just enough on her stomach that any ointment or anything I put on it, gets all over the furniture. It's right next to her armpit, so it is in quite an awkward area and I'm not sure how to go about covering it.

If your dog has a wound that is not healing on its own then it really does need veterinary attention.

It's possible that the wound is infected. If this is the case, then it is unlikely that any cream or ointment will work. Rather, Jazzy will need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It's also possible that there is a foreign object stuck in there. If that's the case then the wound won't heal until it comes out.

Hopefully things improve soon! And hopefully you can have a vet see your dog soon!

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (10104 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (10613 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (9158 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (24410 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (7180 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (9954 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (9823 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (29968 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (10289 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (31133 views)