Dog has wound under arm.

Breed: Bichon shihzu
I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm?
It is just enough on her side that she can lick it and just enough on her stomach that any ointment or anything I put on it, gets all over the furniture. It's right next to her armpit, so it is in quite an awkward area and I'm not sure how to go about covering it.

If your dog has a wound that is not healing on its own then it really does need veterinary attention.

It's possible that the wound is infected. If this is the case, then it is unlikely that any cream or ointment will work. Rather, Jazzy will need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It's also possible that there is a foreign object stuck in there. If that's the case then the wound won't heal until it comes out.

Hopefully things improve soon! And hopefully you can have a vet see your dog soon!

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (10398 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (15850 views)

Bald itchy spots on a dog. Hi, I've been noticing my dog is scratching his back regularly on different... (21389 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (13821 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (32862 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (23891 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (13460 views)

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5798 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (11796 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (9955 views)