Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (12534 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9915 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7789 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (12690 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (9734 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (24427 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (16533 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (8462 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (8299 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (19146 views)