Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (4669 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (7208 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (9720 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (19415 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (12184 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (18032 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (6885 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (6573 views)

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (6329 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (9520 views)