Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (22389 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (60100 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (29686 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (12476 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (33050 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (25481 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (15571 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (15341 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (10847 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (9947 views)