Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (9966 views)

Great Dane footpad problems. I am employeed as a dog walker and recently began visiting a young Great Dane. Her... (11303 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (9692 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (69307 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (12121 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (22979 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (8241 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (15360 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (72633 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (13466 views)