Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (5046 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (12988 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (7939 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10693 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (8600 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (16237 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (9864 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (18721 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (7036 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (9407 views)