Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (11269 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (9437 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (21679 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (10186 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (22078 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (10906 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (44130 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15898 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (5629 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (9276 views)