Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Dog is panting a lot. My dog Sam has been panting alot for the past year. Recently he is doing this more... (24702 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (15159 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (9287 views)

Seizures Max is 14. Four nights ago he had a big seizure that lasted about 60-90 seconds. ... (90033 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6368 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (11643 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9965 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (19133 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (5365 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7359 views)