Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (6827 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11396 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (7236 views)

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (9454 views)

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (8546 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15841 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7322 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8273 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (44923 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (9950 views)