Phenobarb shortage?

Breed: Terrier mix
my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is this possible??...I live in Wisconsin...sure would appreciate an answer..thank you for your time

Interesting...I have not noticed this yet for my patients.

I just checked the FDA website for drug shortages and there is no known shortage of phenobarbital.

About a year ago there was a shortage of Phenobarb in Canada because one of the major suppliers had to recall some pills that were oversized. This should not be affecting the price of Phenobarbital now though.

I'm not currently at work now, but later this week I'll check and see if our cost has gone up signifcantly.

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (247251 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (67638 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (20173 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (11181 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (7901 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (17835 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (6651 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (109860 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (16545 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (10405 views)