Dog urinates while walking

Breed: rot/airedale
Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that he is not really even aware that it is happening, because he just keeps walking as though it was not. It could be I am taking this wrong but it has just started in the last year. He is always a very clean dog in the haouse & this has happened now twice in the house, usually it is outside when it happens. He does not exibit any other symptoms that I have noticed but he is very old for a dog of 90 lbs. His energy & movements are otherwise normal. I thank you in advance for your help.

Is Nugget neutered? If not, it's possible that he has a problem with his prostate. If the prostate is enlarged it can cause a dog to have problems getting urine out. Then, when a dog walks around with a full bladder small amounts can leak out.

Some prostate problems can be cured by having the dog neutered. Others need antibiotics. And some can be serious tumors.

There are a number of other possibilities including bladder stones, bladder cancer, a urinary tract infection and more.

Is he drinking more water than usual? There are a number of things that can cause a dog to drink more and as a result have a full bladder.

No matter what it is though, it sounds like Nugget needs to see a vet right away.

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (13711 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (16864 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4658 views)

Infected spay incision? Puppy got spayed about 12 days ago and her incision was healing really quickly. Now,... (73508 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (9221 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (15106 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (14540 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (5570 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (11579 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (19786 views)