Dog urinates while walking

Breed: rot/airedale
Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that he is not really even aware that it is happening, because he just keeps walking as though it was not. It could be I am taking this wrong but it has just started in the last year. He is always a very clean dog in the haouse & this has happened now twice in the house, usually it is outside when it happens. He does not exibit any other symptoms that I have noticed but he is very old for a dog of 90 lbs. His energy & movements are otherwise normal. I thank you in advance for your help.

Is Nugget neutered? If not, it's possible that he has a problem with his prostate. If the prostate is enlarged it can cause a dog to have problems getting urine out. Then, when a dog walks around with a full bladder small amounts can leak out.

Some prostate problems can be cured by having the dog neutered. Others need antibiotics. And some can be serious tumors.

There are a number of other possibilities including bladder stones, bladder cancer, a urinary tract infection and more.

Is he drinking more water than usual? There are a number of things that can cause a dog to drink more and as a result have a full bladder.

No matter what it is though, it sounds like Nugget needs to see a vet right away.

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (12170 views)

White blisters in cat's ears. My cat has a number of small white "blisters" on her ears. She repeatedly scratches... (4799 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (3583 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (10135 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (10582 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (10174 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (10270 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (3861 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (9814 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (21050 views)