Dog urinates while walking

Breed: rot/airedale
Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that he is not really even aware that it is happening, because he just keeps walking as though it was not. It could be I am taking this wrong but it has just started in the last year. He is always a very clean dog in the haouse & this has happened now twice in the house, usually it is outside when it happens. He does not exibit any other symptoms that I have noticed but he is very old for a dog of 90 lbs. His energy & movements are otherwise normal. I thank you in advance for your help.

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Is Nugget neutered? If not, it's possible that he has a problem with his prostate. If the prostate is enlarged it can cause a dog to have problems getting urine out. Then, when a dog walks around with a full bladder small amounts can leak out.

Some prostate problems can be cured by having the dog neutered. Others need antibiotics. And some can be serious tumors.

There are a number of other possibilities including bladder stones, bladder cancer, a urinary tract infection and more.

Is he drinking more water than usual? There are a number of things that can cause a dog to drink more and as a result have a full bladder.

No matter what it is though, it sounds like Nugget needs to see a vet right away.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (11600 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (28223 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (26650 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (9858 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (20359 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (5502 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (11916 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (5564 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (7829 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (9585 views)