Dog urinates while walking

Breed: rot/airedale
Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that he is not really even aware that it is happening, because he just keeps walking as though it was not. It could be I am taking this wrong but it has just started in the last year. He is always a very clean dog in the haouse & this has happened now twice in the house, usually it is outside when it happens. He does not exibit any other symptoms that I have noticed but he is very old for a dog of 90 lbs. His energy & movements are otherwise normal. I thank you in advance for your help.

Is Nugget neutered? If not, it's possible that he has a problem with his prostate. If the prostate is enlarged it can cause a dog to have problems getting urine out. Then, when a dog walks around with a full bladder small amounts can leak out.

Some prostate problems can be cured by having the dog neutered. Others need antibiotics. And some can be serious tumors.

There are a number of other possibilities including bladder stones, bladder cancer, a urinary tract infection and more.

Is he drinking more water than usual? There are a number of things that can cause a dog to drink more and as a result have a full bladder.

No matter what it is though, it sounds like Nugget needs to see a vet right away.

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (169485 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (7492 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (9463 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11271 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (15268 views)

Advil for arthritis? Can you give advil or store brand anti-inflammatories for arthritis or do you have... (16371 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (9536 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (8329 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (11691 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26317 views)