Dog urinates while walking

Breed: rot/airedale
Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that he is not really even aware that it is happening, because he just keeps walking as though it was not. It could be I am taking this wrong but it has just started in the last year. He is always a very clean dog in the haouse & this has happened now twice in the house, usually it is outside when it happens. He does not exibit any other symptoms that I have noticed but he is very old for a dog of 90 lbs. His energy & movements are otherwise normal. I thank you in advance for your help.

Is Nugget neutered? If not, it's possible that he has a problem with his prostate. If the prostate is enlarged it can cause a dog to have problems getting urine out. Then, when a dog walks around with a full bladder small amounts can leak out.

Some prostate problems can be cured by having the dog neutered. Others need antibiotics. And some can be serious tumors.

There are a number of other possibilities including bladder stones, bladder cancer, a urinary tract infection and more.

Is he drinking more water than usual? There are a number of things that can cause a dog to drink more and as a result have a full bladder.

No matter what it is though, it sounds like Nugget needs to see a vet right away.

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (38203 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (15433 views)

Recurring ear infections in Golden. My dog is a 90 pound Golden Retriever. He has had a lot of problems with ear... (22460 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (6270 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (11992 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (64962 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (19483 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (7919 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (6278 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (11204 views)