Swollen muzzle in cat.

Breed: Domestic Shorthair
I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this loud yelping noise and ran away from her bowl. Now when I see her, her mouth is swelled up from one side and looks likes its missing something from the other. She is not eating or drinking and I tried to feed her, but she makes a weird noise whenever she tries to chew. Please Help!

Sorry to hear that Selena is having problems!

This is a hard case to comment on without seeing your cat.

It's possible that she has an abscess on her face. Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat and got a wound that is now infected. It may be that when she went to open her mouth to eat it caused her pain where the abscess is.

It's also possible that she has had some sort of accident causing damage to her jaw. This could be the result of a fall or being hit by a vehicle or even being kicked.

In any case, it sounds like Selena needs to see the vet immediately. They will determine what the problem is and how they can fix her.

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (15645 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5499 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10279 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8061 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (9840 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (3932 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (7877 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (7888 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (8839 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (4987 views)