Swollen muzzle in cat.

Breed: Domestic Shorthair
I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this loud yelping noise and ran away from her bowl. Now when I see her, her mouth is swelled up from one side and looks likes its missing something from the other. She is not eating or drinking and I tried to feed her, but she makes a weird noise whenever she tries to chew. Please Help!

Sorry to hear that Selena is having problems!

This is a hard case to comment on without seeing your cat.

It's possible that she has an abscess on her face. Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat and got a wound that is now infected. It may be that when she went to open her mouth to eat it caused her pain where the abscess is.

It's also possible that she has had some sort of accident causing damage to her jaw. This could be the result of a fall or being hit by a vehicle or even being kicked.

In any case, it sounds like Selena needs to see the vet immediately. They will determine what the problem is and how they can fix her.

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (6821 views)

Azithromycin and cat death. I run my own rescue group. I do all the cleaning, transporting, adopting, and I... (8919 views)

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (19558 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (9302 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (5511 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (21073 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (10139 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (9396 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (10699 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (12704 views)