Swollen muzzle in cat.

Breed: Domestic Shorthair
I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this loud yelping noise and ran away from her bowl. Now when I see her, her mouth is swelled up from one side and looks likes its missing something from the other. She is not eating or drinking and I tried to feed her, but she makes a weird noise whenever she tries to chew. Please Help!

Sorry to hear that Selena is having problems!

This is a hard case to comment on without seeing your cat.

It's possible that she has an abscess on her face. Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat and got a wound that is now infected. It may be that when she went to open her mouth to eat it caused her pain where the abscess is.

It's also possible that she has had some sort of accident causing damage to her jaw. This could be the result of a fall or being hit by a vehicle or even being kicked.

In any case, it sounds like Selena needs to see the vet immediately. They will determine what the problem is and how they can fix her.

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (52927 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (110420 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (11087 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (14097 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (6829 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (11627 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (11344 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (17540 views)

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (147750 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (11700 views)