Swollen muzzle in cat.

Breed: Domestic Shorthair
I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this loud yelping noise and ran away from her bowl. Now when I see her, her mouth is swelled up from one side and looks likes its missing something from the other. She is not eating or drinking and I tried to feed her, but she makes a weird noise whenever she tries to chew. Please Help!

Sorry to hear that Selena is having problems!

This is a hard case to comment on without seeing your cat.

It's possible that she has an abscess on her face. Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat and got a wound that is now infected. It may be that when she went to open her mouth to eat it caused her pain where the abscess is.

It's also possible that she has had some sort of accident causing damage to her jaw. This could be the result of a fall or being hit by a vehicle or even being kicked.

In any case, it sounds like Selena needs to see the vet immediately. They will determine what the problem is and how they can fix her.

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (14070 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (16827 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (21043 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (9931 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (16018 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (9334 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (13181 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (7956 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (14505 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (8279 views)