Swollen muzzle in cat.

Breed: Domestic Shorthair
I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this loud yelping noise and ran away from her bowl. Now when I see her, her mouth is swelled up from one side and looks likes its missing something from the other. She is not eating or drinking and I tried to feed her, but she makes a weird noise whenever she tries to chew. Please Help!

Sorry to hear that Selena is having problems!

This is a hard case to comment on without seeing your cat.

It's possible that she has an abscess on her face. Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat and got a wound that is now infected. It may be that when she went to open her mouth to eat it caused her pain where the abscess is.

It's also possible that she has had some sort of accident causing damage to her jaw. This could be the result of a fall or being hit by a vehicle or even being kicked.

In any case, it sounds like Selena needs to see the vet immediately. They will determine what the problem is and how they can fix her.

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (12307 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (13031 views)

Allergic to greenies? My 11.5 year old pug/griffin mix dog has been having nasal/breathing issues for the... (7146 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (7563 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (7617 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (15025 views)

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (21322 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (19469 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (11118 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (28085 views)