Swollen muzzle in cat.

Breed: Domestic Shorthair
I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this loud yelping noise and ran away from her bowl. Now when I see her, her mouth is swelled up from one side and looks likes its missing something from the other. She is not eating or drinking and I tried to feed her, but she makes a weird noise whenever she tries to chew. Please Help!

Sorry to hear that Selena is having problems!

This is a hard case to comment on without seeing your cat.

It's possible that she has an abscess on her face. Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat and got a wound that is now infected. It may be that when she went to open her mouth to eat it caused her pain where the abscess is.

It's also possible that she has had some sort of accident causing damage to her jaw. This could be the result of a fall or being hit by a vehicle or even being kicked.

In any case, it sounds like Selena needs to see the vet immediately. They will determine what the problem is and how they can fix her.

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (14531 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9714 views)

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (8179 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (16474 views)

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (27822 views)

My hamster bites my friends. My hamster dosent bite me ever, he only bites other people. He has never ever... (8919 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10961 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (6791 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (18485 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (69597 views)