Swollen muzzle in cat.

Breed: Domestic Shorthair
I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this loud yelping noise and ran away from her bowl. Now when I see her, her mouth is swelled up from one side and looks likes its missing something from the other. She is not eating or drinking and I tried to feed her, but she makes a weird noise whenever she tries to chew. Please Help!

Sorry to hear that Selena is having problems!

This is a hard case to comment on without seeing your cat.

It's possible that she has an abscess on her face. Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat and got a wound that is now infected. It may be that when she went to open her mouth to eat it caused her pain where the abscess is.

It's also possible that she has had some sort of accident causing damage to her jaw. This could be the result of a fall or being hit by a vehicle or even being kicked.

In any case, it sounds like Selena needs to see the vet immediately. They will determine what the problem is and how they can fix her.

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (6302 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (45074 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (6658 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (27966 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (14132 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (12608 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (35738 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (10091 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (9592 views)

Senior cat losing weight. My cat is approx. 16 years old. The last few months she has been losing a lot of... (8582 views)