Hard lump below ribs.

Breed: German Shephard Mix
My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it dangerous?

There's a good chance that this is just a mild deformation of a rib. I see it quite commonly. I wouldn't be worried unless it is uncomfortable for him or if it is getting quite a bit bigger.

If it is not as hard as a bone, but more like tissue, it could be an umbilical hernia. I don't get too worried about those, but your vet may choose to repair it when he is neutered.

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (112778 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (108398 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (11150 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (5627 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (24835 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (27173 views)

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (9441 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25152 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (24177 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (49111 views)