Hard lump below ribs.

Breed: German Shephard Mix
My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it dangerous?

There's a good chance that this is just a mild deformation of a rib. I see it quite commonly. I wouldn't be worried unless it is uncomfortable for him or if it is getting quite a bit bigger.

If it is not as hard as a bone, but more like tissue, it could be an umbilical hernia. I don't get too worried about those, but your vet may choose to repair it when he is neutered.

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (7340 views)

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (6077 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (12093 views)

Dog ate a feminine pad. My Boyfriend's Dog scooter is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He is about 4 years old.... (139831 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (18225 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (30850 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (31549 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (13597 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (9347 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (8751 views)