Hard lump below ribs.

Breed: German Shephard Mix
My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it dangerous?

There's a good chance that this is just a mild deformation of a rib. I see it quite commonly. I wouldn't be worried unless it is uncomfortable for him or if it is getting quite a bit bigger.

If it is not as hard as a bone, but more like tissue, it could be an umbilical hernia. I don't get too worried about those, but your vet may choose to repair it when he is neutered.

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (14052 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (6267 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (8691 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (10022 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (23922 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (13905 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (8637 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (6865 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (18150 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (31583 views)