Hard lump below ribs.

Breed: German Shephard Mix
My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it dangerous?

There's a good chance that this is just a mild deformation of a rib. I see it quite commonly. I wouldn't be worried unless it is uncomfortable for him or if it is getting quite a bit bigger.

If it is not as hard as a bone, but more like tissue, it could be an umbilical hernia. I don't get too worried about those, but your vet may choose to repair it when he is neutered.

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (14169 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (10280 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing. My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and... (20751 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (20685 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (6399 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (11631 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (63446 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (8363 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (24989 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (16707 views)