Cat pooping in the house.

Breed: i don't know
hello,

my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6 months old. since being here she has not used her litterbox once. i've researched online and tried everything i could find. nothing has worked, the cat still pees and poops on the carpet. i've put her food where's she's gone pee. i've locked her in a small space overnight with her food and litterbox. i've picked up her poop and put it in her litterbox & i've sat in the small room with her, her food and water and litterbox for an entire day just picking her up and directing her towards the litterbox. I've tried placing her in the littlerbox, she freaks out when you do that. I've cleaned every spot with nature's miracle. I love animals but I live in an apt. and i can't keep having this problem because i can't rip up the carpets here. I had a cat b4 with this same problem. any help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank-you

Well this is a frustrating problem! It is quite uncommon for a cat to have this type of problem as most cats take to the litter box naturally.

It sounds like you are trying all of the right things. I will make a few more suggestions for you.

Experiment with different types of boxes - one with high walls, one with low walls, and possibly even a boot tray with no walls.

Experiment with different types of litter - clay, clumping, silicone, etc. and see if this helps.

You may want to have your vet examine your cat to make sure there is no medical reason for this. I have seen some cats who will not use a litter box because there is pain in their hips or lower spine.

I hope she does better soon!

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (12325 views)

Euthanize aggressive dog? I adopted my dog Nubby a year ago from a local shelter. A few months after I adopted... (34224 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (9601 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (22150 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (25605 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (96095 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (15405 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (7585 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (21432 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (25105 views)