Cat pooping in the house.

Breed: i don't know
hello,

my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6 months old. since being here she has not used her litterbox once. i've researched online and tried everything i could find. nothing has worked, the cat still pees and poops on the carpet. i've put her food where's she's gone pee. i've locked her in a small space overnight with her food and litterbox. i've picked up her poop and put it in her litterbox & i've sat in the small room with her, her food and water and litterbox for an entire day just picking her up and directing her towards the litterbox. I've tried placing her in the littlerbox, she freaks out when you do that. I've cleaned every spot with nature's miracle. I love animals but I live in an apt. and i can't keep having this problem because i can't rip up the carpets here. I had a cat b4 with this same problem. any help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank-you

Well this is a frustrating problem! It is quite uncommon for a cat to have this type of problem as most cats take to the litter box naturally.

It sounds like you are trying all of the right things. I will make a few more suggestions for you.

Experiment with different types of boxes - one with high walls, one with low walls, and possibly even a boot tray with no walls.

Experiment with different types of litter - clay, clumping, silicone, etc. and see if this helps.

You may want to have your vet examine your cat to make sure there is no medical reason for this. I have seen some cats who will not use a litter box because there is pain in their hips or lower spine.

I hope she does better soon!

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (9861 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (146928 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (9323 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (9175 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (30206 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (4725 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (19878 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7357 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (10181 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (15624 views)