Cat pooping in the house.

Breed: i don't know
hello,

my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6 months old. since being here she has not used her litterbox once. i've researched online and tried everything i could find. nothing has worked, the cat still pees and poops on the carpet. i've put her food where's she's gone pee. i've locked her in a small space overnight with her food and litterbox. i've picked up her poop and put it in her litterbox & i've sat in the small room with her, her food and water and litterbox for an entire day just picking her up and directing her towards the litterbox. I've tried placing her in the littlerbox, she freaks out when you do that. I've cleaned every spot with nature's miracle. I love animals but I live in an apt. and i can't keep having this problem because i can't rip up the carpets here. I had a cat b4 with this same problem. any help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank-you

Well this is a frustrating problem! It is quite uncommon for a cat to have this type of problem as most cats take to the litter box naturally.

It sounds like you are trying all of the right things. I will make a few more suggestions for you.

Experiment with different types of boxes - one with high walls, one with low walls, and possibly even a boot tray with no walls.

Experiment with different types of litter - clay, clumping, silicone, etc. and see if this helps.

You may want to have your vet examine your cat to make sure there is no medical reason for this. I have seen some cats who will not use a litter box because there is pain in their hips or lower spine.

I hope she does better soon!

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (38454 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (18611 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (19974 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (16538 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (5505 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (29097 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5703 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (6265 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (28626 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (27264 views)