Cat pooping in the house.

Breed: i don't know
hello,

my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6 months old. since being here she has not used her litterbox once. i've researched online and tried everything i could find. nothing has worked, the cat still pees and poops on the carpet. i've put her food where's she's gone pee. i've locked her in a small space overnight with her food and litterbox. i've picked up her poop and put it in her litterbox & i've sat in the small room with her, her food and water and litterbox for an entire day just picking her up and directing her towards the litterbox. I've tried placing her in the littlerbox, she freaks out when you do that. I've cleaned every spot with nature's miracle. I love animals but I live in an apt. and i can't keep having this problem because i can't rip up the carpets here. I had a cat b4 with this same problem. any help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank-you

Well this is a frustrating problem! It is quite uncommon for a cat to have this type of problem as most cats take to the litter box naturally.

It sounds like you are trying all of the right things. I will make a few more suggestions for you.

Experiment with different types of boxes - one with high walls, one with low walls, and possibly even a boot tray with no walls.

Experiment with different types of litter - clay, clumping, silicone, etc. and see if this helps.

You may want to have your vet examine your cat to make sure there is no medical reason for this. I have seen some cats who will not use a litter box because there is pain in their hips or lower spine.

I hope she does better soon!

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (18792 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (23371 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (11152 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (7726 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (5965 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (15604 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (10680 views)

Tylosin responsive diarrhea. In another posting on this site you mention giving tylosin daily in "tiny amounts"... (8185 views)

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (23194 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (34572 views)