Cat pooping in the house.

Breed: i don't know
hello,

my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6 months old. since being here she has not used her litterbox once. i've researched online and tried everything i could find. nothing has worked, the cat still pees and poops on the carpet. i've put her food where's she's gone pee. i've locked her in a small space overnight with her food and litterbox. i've picked up her poop and put it in her litterbox & i've sat in the small room with her, her food and water and litterbox for an entire day just picking her up and directing her towards the litterbox. I've tried placing her in the littlerbox, she freaks out when you do that. I've cleaned every spot with nature's miracle. I love animals but I live in an apt. and i can't keep having this problem because i can't rip up the carpets here. I had a cat b4 with this same problem. any help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank-you

Well this is a frustrating problem! It is quite uncommon for a cat to have this type of problem as most cats take to the litter box naturally.

It sounds like you are trying all of the right things. I will make a few more suggestions for you.

Experiment with different types of boxes - one with high walls, one with low walls, and possibly even a boot tray with no walls.

Experiment with different types of litter - clay, clumping, silicone, etc. and see if this helps.

You may want to have your vet examine your cat to make sure there is no medical reason for this. I have seen some cats who will not use a litter box because there is pain in their hips or lower spine.

I hope she does better soon!

Ovarian remnant syndrome hi i had my cat spayed a year ago and she went back into heat (full blown moaning... (16709 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (9808 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (18082 views)

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (5742 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (25531 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7692 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13545 views)

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (44778 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (8026 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5246 views)