Straining to urinate.

Breed: cocker mix
bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes out.she does this alot.

This is definitely not normal and indicates that Bella needs to see a veterinarian. She may have a bladder infection or possibly bladder stones.

It's even possible that she has a stone completely blocking her urethra which can be a life threatening emergency. This is more common in male dogs but can happen in females as well.

There really is no at home treatment for any of the problems I mentioned.

I hope she does ok!

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (15275 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (19341 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (15676 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (10845 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (13850 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (107361 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (12260 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (9347 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (14180 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (121073 views)