Straining to urinate.

Breed: cocker mix
bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes out.she does this alot.

This is definitely not normal and indicates that Bella needs to see a veterinarian. She may have a bladder infection or possibly bladder stones.

It's even possible that she has a stone completely blocking her urethra which can be a life threatening emergency. This is more common in male dogs but can happen in females as well.

There really is no at home treatment for any of the problems I mentioned.

I hope she does ok!

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (12028 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (16503 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (4895 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (8359 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11045 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (48353 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (18469 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (8216 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (4549 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (4924 views)