Straining to urinate.

Breed: cocker mix
bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes out.she does this alot.

This is definitely not normal and indicates that Bella needs to see a veterinarian. She may have a bladder infection or possibly bladder stones.

It's even possible that she has a stone completely blocking her urethra which can be a life threatening emergency. This is more common in male dogs but can happen in females as well.

There really is no at home treatment for any of the problems I mentioned.

I hope she does ok!

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (8317 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (13185 views)

Sore hips in 1 year old cat. I have a 1 year old cat and she has had "stiff back legs" since we got her at 8... (12565 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (7147 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (3611 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (9517 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (13433 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (62222 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (20729 views)

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (42920 views)