Straining to urinate.

Breed: cocker mix
bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes out.she does this alot.

This is definitely not normal and indicates that Bella needs to see a veterinarian. She may have a bladder infection or possibly bladder stones.

It's even possible that she has a stone completely blocking her urethra which can be a life threatening emergency. This is more common in male dogs but can happen in females as well.

There really is no at home treatment for any of the problems I mentioned.

I hope she does ok!

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (15090 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (25651 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (23048 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (9498 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (11762 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (15527 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (25400 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (37058 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (12894 views)

Itchy ears and bum. My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and... (16304 views)