Why is hamster quiet?

Breed: syrian
what's wrong with my hamster...
had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my hand her eyes are shiny and her coat looks shiny
appetite seems fine, she's nice and warm but is moving slowly and it is not like her
what do i do??

Sorry to hear that your hamster is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing her. I can give you a few suggestions but ultimately she may need to see the vet.

What is the temperature like in the area which she lives? If it is quite cold it may be that she is starting to hibernate. If you think this may be the case then either turning up the heat or adding a space heater near her cage will help her to perk up.

Does she have any diarrhea? Hamsters can sometimes be quite lethargic from a condition called wet tail which is quite serious.

It is also possible that she has an infection somewhere or some other type of illness. Unfortunately hamsters don't have a lot of reserves to fight illness so if you suspect something is wrong a visit to the vet is the best idea!

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (8990 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (13810 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (8102 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (4385 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (6835 views)

My kitten died. Hi Dr Marie, We came home on Sunday after a night away (less than 24 hours) to... (11076 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (26944 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (9564 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (6664 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (9819 views)