Why is hamster quiet?

Breed: syrian
what's wrong with my hamster...
had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my hand her eyes are shiny and her coat looks shiny
appetite seems fine, she's nice and warm but is moving slowly and it is not like her
what do i do??

Sorry to hear that your hamster is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing her. I can give you a few suggestions but ultimately she may need to see the vet.

What is the temperature like in the area which she lives? If it is quite cold it may be that she is starting to hibernate. If you think this may be the case then either turning up the heat or adding a space heater near her cage will help her to perk up.

Does she have any diarrhea? Hamsters can sometimes be quite lethargic from a condition called wet tail which is quite serious.

It is also possible that she has an infection somewhere or some other type of illness. Unfortunately hamsters don't have a lot of reserves to fight illness so if you suspect something is wrong a visit to the vet is the best idea!

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (8781 views)

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (10708 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (11079 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9167 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (8353 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (12630 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (15478 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (48110 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (10251 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (5019 views)