Why is hamster quiet?

Breed: syrian
what's wrong with my hamster...
had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my hand her eyes are shiny and her coat looks shiny
appetite seems fine, she's nice and warm but is moving slowly and it is not like her
what do i do??

Sorry to hear that your hamster is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing her. I can give you a few suggestions but ultimately she may need to see the vet.

What is the temperature like in the area which she lives? If it is quite cold it may be that she is starting to hibernate. If you think this may be the case then either turning up the heat or adding a space heater near her cage will help her to perk up.

Does she have any diarrhea? Hamsters can sometimes be quite lethargic from a condition called wet tail which is quite serious.

It is also possible that she has an infection somewhere or some other type of illness. Unfortunately hamsters don't have a lot of reserves to fight illness so if you suspect something is wrong a visit to the vet is the best idea!

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7702 views)

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (11487 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (9531 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (7098 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (19690 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (5977 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (53929 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (16618 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (11115 views)

Test for Cushings? My dog is breathing rapidly, about 60 times per minute, night and day, but otherwise... (6118 views)