Why is hamster quiet?

Breed: syrian
what's wrong with my hamster...
had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my hand her eyes are shiny and her coat looks shiny
appetite seems fine, she's nice and warm but is moving slowly and it is not like her
what do i do??

Sorry to hear that your hamster is not feeling well.

This is a tough question to answer without seeing her. I can give you a few suggestions but ultimately she may need to see the vet.

What is the temperature like in the area which she lives? If it is quite cold it may be that she is starting to hibernate. If you think this may be the case then either turning up the heat or adding a space heater near her cage will help her to perk up.

Does she have any diarrhea? Hamsters can sometimes be quite lethargic from a condition called wet tail which is quite serious.

It is also possible that she has an infection somewhere or some other type of illness. Unfortunately hamsters don't have a lot of reserves to fight illness so if you suspect something is wrong a visit to the vet is the best idea!

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (6965 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (50402 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (11620 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (23016 views)

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (14243 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10514 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (25503 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11332 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (31548 views)

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (28072 views)