Dog died suddenly even after glucose.

Breed: labrador
my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to stand....... when we took her to vet he gave her glucose...... after an hr she got fits and her body got stiff...........she bleeded from mouth.......i just want to know what really happened to her........... pls solve my query it will give me and my family a great releafe

Oh, I am so sorry that this has happened.

It will be hard for me to say for sure what happened but I can give you some ideas of some things that could cause a young dog like this to die suddenly.

If your vet gave glucose then it means that they were concerned about hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). One possible cause of hypoglycemia in a young dog is something called a portosystemic shunt. This is a condition where a dog is born with a defect in the way that blood is routed through the liver. However, most dogs with this type of condition show some symptoms throughout their life such as increased drooling, poor weight gain, confusion, or seizures.

Another possibility for hypoglycemia is ingestion of xylitol. Xylitol is a sweetener found in some sugar free gums. This product is extremely toxic to a dog's liver and can cause death.

Another possible cause of sudden death in any animal is a congenital heart problem but this should not cause low blood sugar.

I'm so sorry that this happened. Please accept my condolences.

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (12208 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (10720 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (10719 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (13725 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (11674 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (18502 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (126447 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (21196 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (14951 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (14132 views)