Wart on a cat?

Breed: Main Coone
Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten slightly larger since then. No other information on this bump. Do you know what this might be? (Photo sent via email.)

Thank you for your time. -Nikole

Thank you for sending me this excellent photo:

cat wart

Now, I can't give you a diagnosis over the internet but I can give you my thoughts. The most likely explanation for this is that it is a wart and nothing to get concerned over. We don't really know why cats get warts. I don't get concerned about them unless they are bothersome to the cat.

However, there is always a small chance that this is something else such as a mast cell tumor or a similar type of cancer. From the photo I would say that I am 95% sure it is nothing to be concerned about. If this were my patient I would probably recommend that the next time you were in my office we do some tests on it. The tests would be to put a small needle into it and pull some cells out to look at under the microscope just to make sure it is not something serious.

I wouldn't rush in to the vet right now to have it tested, but I would want to test it if it is getting significantly bigger or if it becomes red and swollen or itchy at all.

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (43837 views)

House training adult dog. Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? ... (7778 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7126 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (44000 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (19978 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7089 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (8726 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (10956 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (49608 views)

Lumps on hamster. Hi , my hamster is all covered with lumps , some of them are bleeding,and new ones... (9097 views)