what kind of dog to get

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
Hi

Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not another big dog. What small breed of dog will be suitable for our family?

Kind regards

Simone

Hi Simone, I think this is a question that only your family can answer.

You will need to consider the following:
-Do we want a dog that sheds or a dog that doesn't shed (but needs regular haircuts).
-Do we need to have a purebred or should we consider a rescue dog?
-Do we want a puppy or an adult dog?

What I usually advise people to do is to take regular trips down to your local humane society. They may allow you to take Gizmo with you to see if he will get along with the dogs that are in there.

I hope you get a good dog!

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11292 views)

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (15064 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (12050 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (15826 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (8232 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (15085 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (16161 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (72035 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8066 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (42562 views)