what kind of dog to get

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
Hi

Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not another big dog. What small breed of dog will be suitable for our family?

Kind regards

Simone

Hi Simone, I think this is a question that only your family can answer.

You will need to consider the following:
-Do we want a dog that sheds or a dog that doesn't shed (but needs regular haircuts).
-Do we need to have a purebred or should we consider a rescue dog?
-Do we want a puppy or an adult dog?

What I usually advise people to do is to take regular trips down to your local humane society. They may allow you to take Gizmo with you to see if he will get along with the dogs that are in there.

I hope you get a good dog!

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (8609 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (11494 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (10576 views)

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (14456 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (15437 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (12687 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (28959 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (19569 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (16270 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (9844 views)