what kind of dog to get

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
Hi

Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not another big dog. What small breed of dog will be suitable for our family?

Kind regards

Simone

Hi Simone, I think this is a question that only your family can answer.

You will need to consider the following:
-Do we want a dog that sheds or a dog that doesn't shed (but needs regular haircuts).
-Do we need to have a purebred or should we consider a rescue dog?
-Do we want a puppy or an adult dog?

What I usually advise people to do is to take regular trips down to your local humane society. They may allow you to take Gizmo with you to see if he will get along with the dogs that are in there.

I hope you get a good dog!

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (8927 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (15683 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (9779 views)

Cat has diarrhea. Hi, Our cat has diarrhea - it seems that she licks and licks herself and then it... (8082 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (15833 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11512 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (19680 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (17478 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (50341 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (7207 views)