what kind of dog to get

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
Hi

Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not another big dog. What small breed of dog will be suitable for our family?

Kind regards

Simone

Hi Simone, I think this is a question that only your family can answer.

You will need to consider the following:
-Do we want a dog that sheds or a dog that doesn't shed (but needs regular haircuts).
-Do we need to have a purebred or should we consider a rescue dog?
-Do we want a puppy or an adult dog?

What I usually advise people to do is to take regular trips down to your local humane society. They may allow you to take Gizmo with you to see if he will get along with the dogs that are in there.

I hope you get a good dog!

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (5782 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10728 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (6906 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (6615 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (8465 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (4593 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4650 views)

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (5614 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (57147 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (19683 views)