what kind of dog to get

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
Hi

Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not another big dog. What small breed of dog will be suitable for our family?

Kind regards

Simone

Hi Simone, I think this is a question that only your family can answer.

You will need to consider the following:
-Do we want a dog that sheds or a dog that doesn't shed (but needs regular haircuts).
-Do we need to have a purebred or should we consider a rescue dog?
-Do we want a puppy or an adult dog?

What I usually advise people to do is to take regular trips down to your local humane society. They may allow you to take Gizmo with you to see if he will get along with the dogs that are in there.

I hope you get a good dog!

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (5877 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (17037 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (34892 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (13740 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (125404 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (10102 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (7560 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (21862 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (13454 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (38792 views)