what kind of dog to get

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
Hi

Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not another big dog. What small breed of dog will be suitable for our family?

Kind regards

Simone

Hi Simone, I think this is a question that only your family can answer.

You will need to consider the following:
-Do we want a dog that sheds or a dog that doesn't shed (but needs regular haircuts).
-Do we need to have a purebred or should we consider a rescue dog?
-Do we want a puppy or an adult dog?

What I usually advise people to do is to take regular trips down to your local humane society. They may allow you to take Gizmo with you to see if he will get along with the dogs that are in there.

I hope you get a good dog!

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (7659 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (25551 views)

Lumps on hips. My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at... (16053 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (10726 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (13210 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (10963 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (31288 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (27060 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (7082 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (18654 views)