Can puppy go outside?

Breed: Yorkie-Poo
I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his first set of shots which he got this past weekend.

Shanti

Hi and thanks for a great question.

I usually recommend waiting until a few days after the second set of vaccinations before taking a pup out to areas where other dogs may be.

If you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and up to date on vaccines then it is ok for them to meet. However, I would stay away from public places until after the second set of shots.

Enjoy your new pup!

Skin lesions on dog's face. HI, my Chikita has been having some skin trouble and cant exactly figure out what it... (5499 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (9181 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (12463 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (95388 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (9918 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9193 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (12295 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (39029 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13292 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6840 views)