Can puppy go outside?

Breed: Yorkie-Poo
I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his first set of shots which he got this past weekend.

Shanti

Hi and thanks for a great question.

I usually recommend waiting until a few days after the second set of vaccinations before taking a pup out to areas where other dogs may be.

If you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and up to date on vaccines then it is ok for them to meet. However, I would stay away from public places until after the second set of shots.

Enjoy your new pup!

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (24906 views)

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (8464 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (11314 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (14154 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (14086 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (27691 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (88896 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (31667 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (43323 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (34477 views)