Can puppy go outside?

Breed: Yorkie-Poo
I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his first set of shots which he got this past weekend.

Shanti

Hi and thanks for a great question.

I usually recommend waiting until a few days after the second set of vaccinations before taking a pup out to areas where other dogs may be.

If you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and up to date on vaccines then it is ok for them to meet. However, I would stay away from public places until after the second set of shots.

Enjoy your new pup!

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (22992 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (35570 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5070 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (10450 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (38028 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (10906 views)

Brown spot on lip of dog. Greetings, I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth. On the lower... (10513 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (25889 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (9463 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (6570 views)