Can puppy go outside?

Breed: Yorkie-Poo
I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his first set of shots which he got this past weekend.

Shanti

Hi and thanks for a great question.

I usually recommend waiting until a few days after the second set of vaccinations before taking a pup out to areas where other dogs may be.

If you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and up to date on vaccines then it is ok for them to meet. However, I would stay away from public places until after the second set of shots.

Enjoy your new pup!

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (6650 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (32512 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8434 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (16058 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (9365 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (33690 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7702 views)

Wobbly drooling kitten. I have a 6 month old tabby and a few days ago he started walking almost bow legged... (12486 views)

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (14288 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (20409 views)