Can puppy go outside?

Breed: Yorkie-Poo
I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his first set of shots which he got this past weekend.

Shanti

Hi and thanks for a great question.

I usually recommend waiting until a few days after the second set of vaccinations before taking a pup out to areas where other dogs may be.

If you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and up to date on vaccines then it is ok for them to meet. However, I would stay away from public places until after the second set of shots.

Enjoy your new pup!

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (5148 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (11093 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (14126 views)

Coughing blood and mucus. Marvin has been periodically coughing up mucus with blood in it. He has a tumor of... (31707 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11793 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (84038 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (26760 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (16323 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (13536 views)

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (12897 views)