Can puppy go outside?

Breed: Yorkie-Poo
I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his first set of shots which he got this past weekend.

Shanti

Hi and thanks for a great question.

I usually recommend waiting until a few days after the second set of vaccinations before taking a pup out to areas where other dogs may be.

If you have friends with dogs and you know they are healthy and up to date on vaccines then it is ok for them to meet. However, I would stay away from public places until after the second set of shots.

Enjoy your new pup!

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (9528 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (14866 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (19566 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (13926 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (12312 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (8159 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (10517 views)

Allergic to greenies? My 11.5 year old pug/griffin mix dog has been having nasal/breathing issues for the... (8302 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (11858 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (6741 views)