Spay a nursing cat?

Breed: Sylvester-type
Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it possible to spay a nursing mother cat?

Yes, a nursing mom can be spayed, but it is a more difficult surgery. The vet will need to make an incision through mammary glands that are full of milk.

It really is best to wait until the kittens are weaned off before spaying her but you can talk to your vet and see how they feel about doing surgery on her while she still has milk.

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (31607 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (4306 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (7773 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13406 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (18339 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (21552 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (4833 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (8818 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (15783 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (5775 views)