Spay a nursing cat?

Breed: Sylvester-type
Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it possible to spay a nursing mother cat?

Yes, a nursing mom can be spayed, but it is a more difficult surgery. The vet will need to make an incision through mammary glands that are full of milk.

It really is best to wait until the kittens are weaned off before spaying her but you can talk to your vet and see how they feel about doing surgery on her while she still has milk.

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (7940 views)

Panting after insulin. My 6 year old dog was Diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago. Having some trouble... (43425 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (67831 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (8087 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (11167 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (16679 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (7012 views)

Swollen foot because of bandage. Hi- My dog recently cut himself and had to get 4 stitches. The day he was to get... (81703 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (10559 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (13402 views)