Spay a nursing cat?

Breed: Sylvester-type
Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it possible to spay a nursing mother cat?

Yes, a nursing mom can be spayed, but it is a more difficult surgery. The vet will need to make an incision through mammary glands that are full of milk.

It really is best to wait until the kittens are weaned off before spaying her but you can talk to your vet and see how they feel about doing surgery on her while she still has milk.

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (18363 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5505 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (9546 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (7703 views)

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (9716 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (10858 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (11794 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (17300 views)

Puppy vomited and became unresponsive. My puppy violet was out on her walk this afternoon and she started dry reaching and... (7896 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (20340 views)