Slimy white stuff in urine.

Breed: American Shorthair
Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in addition, there was some kind of whitish discharge in the urine. There was a few drops and when I was picking up the urine with paper towels it seemed to be a thicker consistency than urine.

A little history on my cat, she was diagnosed with bladder stones approximately 2 months ago. She was given an antibiotic injection and put on wet food only. She seemed fine within a few days. About 2 weeks ago I reintroduced dry food in her diet with no noticeable change.

Yesterday was the 4 th of July and the litter box was full so urinating on the couch, even though never done before, wouldn't concern me all by itself but, the discharge concerns me very much. Please let me know what possible reasons she would have a discharge in her urine.

A brief history: Pretty Girl is a 4 year 3 month old female American Shorthair. She has always been healthy, aside from the bladder stones, and is up to date with her shots. She has been spayed, treated for worms, fleas and ear mites as a preventative measure. She weighs 14 pounds so prior to the bladder stones she was on a dry food only diet and was doing well losing weight slowly. There was no visible change in appitite or voiding.

I hope you can help me as I can notnafford the medical expenses at this time. I have been out of work from an accident and am not receiving an income. I love my cat like she is my child, I need to take care of her.

I hate to say it but, I recently spent all my savings at the vet for a kitten I adopted from a shelter that died from Leukemia. (I was constantly told she was negative and yet I paid over $3,000 trying to save her from respitory infection after another. I can't afford the medical bills but, I can not lose my baby.

If your girl has bladder stones, it's possible that what you were seeing in her urine was "sludge" which is basically debris from dissolving stones. Is she on a special food to dissolve the stones? If so, then this would really make sense.

If this was a male cat I would be advising to have your vet check him right away just to make sure that he isn't heading towards a urinary tract blockage. A blockage is much less likely in a female cat because their urethra to urinate out of is much larger.

It sounds like the urinating on the couch could have been because the box hadn't been cleaned. But, if after cleaning the box she is still urinating in strange places, or if she seems to be straining in the litter box, going to the box frequently or licking her vaginal area often then I would have a vet check her urine. Cats with bladder stones can be prone to getting a bacterial urinary tract infection.

Hope she does well!

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (11692 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (15743 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (6505 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (10662 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (18294 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12366 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (12636 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (12981 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (84468 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (18560 views)