Possible seizure in toy poodle.

Breed: toy poodle
my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when he tried to walk, he has hade a spell like this once befor. whats wrong with him

Sorry to hear that Curly is having problems with shaking. There are a few things that can cause the symptoms you mentioned.

It is possible that he is having a seizure. You can find more information here on seizures in dogs.

Sometimes seizures are caused by ingestion of something toxic, but in many dogs we never find the cause of seizures and call it epilepsy. It's a good idea to write down whenever Curly has these episodes. If they are happening several times per month then your vet may consider putting him on medicine for epilepsy.

It's also possible that he has a condition called a portosystemic shunt (liver shunt.) This can cause episodes of wobbliness and uncoordination. However, this is usually something that we see in really young puppies, so if you haven't seen this for all of his life then this is not likely.

Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can cause similar symptoms as well. It is not common for dogs to have issues with low blood sugar, but some little dogs can have hypoglycemic episodes.

If he does this again, see if you can videotape the episode. This will make it a little easier for your vet to help you figure out what is going on.

I hope he is ok!

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (8360 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (7571 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4076 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (8705 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (28573 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (9181 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (6953 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (4553 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (6426 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (8895 views)