Possible seizure in toy poodle.

Breed: toy poodle
my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when he tried to walk, he has hade a spell like this once befor. whats wrong with him

Sorry to hear that Curly is having problems with shaking. There are a few things that can cause the symptoms you mentioned.

It is possible that he is having a seizure. You can find more information here on seizures in dogs.

Sometimes seizures are caused by ingestion of something toxic, but in many dogs we never find the cause of seizures and call it epilepsy. It's a good idea to write down whenever Curly has these episodes. If they are happening several times per month then your vet may consider putting him on medicine for epilepsy.

It's also possible that he has a condition called a portosystemic shunt (liver shunt.) This can cause episodes of wobbliness and uncoordination. However, this is usually something that we see in really young puppies, so if you haven't seen this for all of his life then this is not likely.

Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can cause similar symptoms as well. It is not common for dogs to have issues with low blood sugar, but some little dogs can have hypoglycemic episodes.

If he does this again, see if you can videotape the episode. This will make it a little easier for your vet to help you figure out what is going on.

I hope he is ok!

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36716 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (6923 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (24164 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (45086 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (6248 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (14486 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (12444 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10311 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9382 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (10074 views)