Possible seizure in toy poodle.

Breed: toy poodle
my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when he tried to walk, he has hade a spell like this once befor. whats wrong with him

Sorry to hear that Curly is having problems with shaking. There are a few things that can cause the symptoms you mentioned.

It is possible that he is having a seizure. You can find more information here on seizures in dogs.

Sometimes seizures are caused by ingestion of something toxic, but in many dogs we never find the cause of seizures and call it epilepsy. It's a good idea to write down whenever Curly has these episodes. If they are happening several times per month then your vet may consider putting him on medicine for epilepsy.

It's also possible that he has a condition called a portosystemic shunt (liver shunt.) This can cause episodes of wobbliness and uncoordination. However, this is usually something that we see in really young puppies, so if you haven't seen this for all of his life then this is not likely.

Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can cause similar symptoms as well. It is not common for dogs to have issues with low blood sugar, but some little dogs can have hypoglycemic episodes.

If he does this again, see if you can videotape the episode. This will make it a little easier for your vet to help you figure out what is going on.

I hope he is ok!

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14491 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11410 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (28141 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (14179 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (22465 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (38369 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4941 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (11617 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (6704 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12446 views)