Possible seizure in toy poodle.

Breed: toy poodle
my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when he tried to walk, he has hade a spell like this once befor. whats wrong with him

Sorry to hear that Curly is having problems with shaking. There are a few things that can cause the symptoms you mentioned.

It is possible that he is having a seizure. You can find more information here on seizures in dogs.

Sometimes seizures are caused by ingestion of something toxic, but in many dogs we never find the cause of seizures and call it epilepsy. It's a good idea to write down whenever Curly has these episodes. If they are happening several times per month then your vet may consider putting him on medicine for epilepsy.

It's also possible that he has a condition called a portosystemic shunt (liver shunt.) This can cause episodes of wobbliness and uncoordination. However, this is usually something that we see in really young puppies, so if you haven't seen this for all of his life then this is not likely.

Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can cause similar symptoms as well. It is not common for dogs to have issues with low blood sugar, but some little dogs can have hypoglycemic episodes.

If he does this again, see if you can videotape the episode. This will make it a little easier for your vet to help you figure out what is going on.

I hope he is ok!

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (12966 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (27787 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (11829 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (11422 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (23189 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (21859 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (13531 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (29772 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (11700 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (16095 views)